GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Serviced Chipped GTI?

LivEToDrivE

FIA World Rally Car Newbie
Car(s)
GTI
Has anybody attempted to bring their chipped GTI into a dealership for a problem? If so did they find your ECU program modification? I know theres a dealership blockout program, but just trying to see if anybody has attempted this with the new GTI using a chip and bringing it in to be looked at...

cmcm

Drag Racing Champion
what is a dealership blockout program?? I do have APR tuned on my GTI, I went to dealer last week for wheel alignment, I set the chip to stock!!!!
I think only if they really want to touch ECU, otherwise its very hard for them to find out!

LivEToDrivE

Car(s)
GTI
The program you add to prevent dealerships from finding your ECU being tampered with. Did anybody takes there to a dealer for engine component servicing? Not wheel alignment or body related issues???

Wild Hare

.: MR. BIG STUFF :.
Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)
The dealer can not tell by analyzing the ECU to see if you have a chip. If you have a tech that tests drives your car they may tell.

The dealer can not refuse you service or void your warranty if you are chipped and unless if you have failure of a mechanical part and prove beyond a doubt that the chip caused the failure to happen.
Most dealers today are pretty savy as to what our intent is. The bottom line is be cool with them and they will support you!

And BTW, our cars are chipped via the OBD port, not the old way of soldering the chip in. So, no visible signs!

Deagle

Touring Car Champion
scuderiavw said:
so since it is not a piggybag, i don't think it is detectable. Correct me if i am wrong

Unless they know what to look for... but I may be wrong on this.

black2.0t

Drag Race Newbie
the system is setup so that when the dealership plugs up to ur ecm the APR CHIP automaticly hides it self and can not be tampered with the main reason why this was made was to keep u from copying the program and selling it

LivEToDrivE

Car(s)
GTI
Does that apply to the REVO chip to, cus I think REVO is the way I'm leaning.

GTI2007

According to [url="http://www.revotechnik.com/]their site[/url] you can change between stock and performance program with a serial port switch if you take the stage 1 software. If you go for stage 2 you could also have octane specific programs or even anti-theft settings.

cmdrfire

FIA World Rally Car Champion
LivEToDrivE said:
Has anybody attempted to bring their chipped GTI into a dealership for a problem? If so did they find your ECU program modification? I know theres a dealership blockout program, but just trying to see if anybody has attempted this with the new GTI using a chip and bringing it in to be looked at...

My car's been in for her second service already, no worries.
My local VW people are great :thumbup:
Whenever I get the car back from them though there's like 20 miles less gas and the trip-counter 1 is always reset... but I don't really mind, I'd rather someone work on the car who enjoys the car :biggrin: no harm done.