GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Self-regulating oil pump...26PSI till 3,500 rpm.

Navi

Autocross Champion
surprised this hasn't gotten more play. A very interesting fact brought up by Littco. I was reading it on facebook the morning of. My friend sent me a link and I was meaning to comment on this thread. Completely forgot. I'm curious how to code this out as well. Is it vagcom or only through a protune or what? Also, I wonder what kind of effect this will have on the longevity of the oil pump. Is the shorter life span of the oil pump going to be worth the extra protection of the engine and turbo in tuned cars? Will it even make a difference? So much more to understand about this...

SugarMouth

Drag Race Newbie
surprised this hasn't gotten more play. A very interesting fact brought up by Littco. I was reading it on facebook the morning of. My friend sent me a link and I was meaning to comment on this thread. Completely forgot. I'm curious how to code this out as well. Is it vagcom or only through a protune or what? Also, I wonder what kind of effect this will have on the longevity of the oil pump. Is the shorter life span of the oil pump going to be worth the extra protection of the engine and turbo in tuned cars? Will it even make a difference? So much more to understand about this...

You have the same thoughts about it I do.

I think it has to be coded out through Simos.

I have put the info in front of Jeff at UM. Maybe he will play with it at some point.

HuangMoney

Go Kart Newbie
Curious too. I saw this on the 5150 page but I honestly am not too familiar with oil pressure, just that low oil pressure when boosting kinda blows engines

777-300ER

Go Kart Newbie
Well I stand corrected. Maybe it's finally time for a tune if someone gets this sorted out.

littco

Ready to race!
Just seen this so thought I'd chip in

Vcds can code the oil pump to stay high but only for 650milea which is the run in period. After that it starts to switch. It's probably not ideal to keep turning it on but maybe max pressure all the time is better than low pressure on a tuned engine. The 26psi and switch was designed to meet the emissions and performance requirements of the stock engine. Tune it and that I would say goes out the window.

The best way to resolve is to change the maps in the tune as it allows you to switch high as rpms increase and low when they decrease below set rpms.

I'm not going to give all the secrets away but the maps are there to be found and I really can see no downside in running more oil pressure earlier on tuned engine. I know for sure the turbo will thank you ��

Calkulin

Ready to race!
Just seen this so thought I'd chip in

Vcds can code the oil pump to stay high but only for 650milea which is the run in period. After that it starts to switch. It's probably not ideal to keep turning it on but maybe max pressure all the time is better than low pressure on a tuned engine. The 26psi and switch was designed to meet the emissions and performance requirements of the stock engine. Tune it and that I would say goes out the window.

The best way to resolve is to change the maps in the tune as it allows you to switch high as rpms increase and low when they decrease below set rpms.

I'm not going to give all the secrets away but the maps are there to be found and I really can see no downside in running more oil pressure earlier on tuned engine. I know for sure the turbo will thank you ��

Do you which setting in VCDS enables that?

Navi

Autocross Champion
My understanding is using vcds to change this is for a new engine and if you activate it, it will turn off after 650 miles. The real way would be to adjust it based on rpm values through the actual engine tune. At least that's what I understand from Littco's post.

805mk7gti

Ready to race!
Found it with obd11 but doesn't seem to allow me to activate it. Tried it both with engine running and off, no luck.

Attachments

• 15393654096622.jpg
    15393654096622.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 283
  • 15393653934891.jpg
    15393653934891.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 288