GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

SELF-LIMITING TORQUE ON DSG/Mk.VGTIs

Hotshot 5

I reckon this is a much discussed topic. I have read it somewhere that the DSG is for 257lb of torque & the std car has a max torque of 208lb. It seems that no matter how much torque you dial in, the DSG's software will self-limit itself.
According to Oettinger which is now part of APR group, their 310hp turbo kit conversion, torque is quoted at a max of 287lb if fitted to DSG cars & for manual tranny the torque is quoted at a max 316lb while hp remains the same at 310hp for both. APR Stage-3 turbo kit conversion using K04 which is very similar to the Oettinger kit. Max torque is not quoted for DSG cars.
I don't think we know exactly how much torque the DSG can handle. I would like to hear from anybody who has a turbo kit fitted to their DSG car.

AxMan

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
Audi S5
i doubt anyone has yet, becasue i havent read anything on it and found nothing on searchs. most agree the kits are to expensive for the size/type of the turbo that comes with it.

trick000

FIA World Rally Car Champion
Yes the DSG does have an electronic torque limiter. HPA has a way to disable that. Look at their website.

NRS

Go Kart Newbie
Yes the DSG does have an electronic torque limiter. HPA has a way to disable that. Look at their website.
If the torque limiter is there,vw must have a reason.I wouldnt go on and disable that without any modifications in the gear box....
The question is....where can we find some aftermarket products to make it shift faster and make it stronger????????

AutoXinMK5

Touring Car Champion
If the torque limiter is there,vw must have a reason.I wouldnt go on and disable that without any modifications in the gear box....
The question is....where can we find some aftermarket products to make it shift faster and make it stronger????????

Shift faster? Good god... how much faster do you want it to shift? haha

AxMan

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
Audi S5
lol, shift faster.. dont know if thats possible. i cant find anything on hpa's site about turning the limiting off.. anyone have a link to anything out there?

NRS

Go Kart Newbie
Shift faster? Good god... how much faster do you want it to shift? haha
I dont no if we can shift faster or if someone can make it stronger so it can manage more torque,but thats what we need!!!We dont need to disable the torque limiter cause thats the perfect way to go to the garage.....Anyone disagree????

AxMan

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
Audi S5
new diff and upgraded clutches. somewhere in germany they upgraded the clutches and the hydrolics in the tranny and its putting 450 ft-lbs to the floor

NRS

Go Kart Newbie
new diff and upgraded clutches. somewhere in germany they upgraded the clutches and the hydrolics in the tranny and its putting 450 ft-lbs to the floor
Give us a link please!!!!!!!!!