GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

See you guys...

stenger944

Gti Guy
Car(s)
09 Mkv GTI
You guys are weird. This is like preferring a biplane over an F-18. :bonk:

I'll play this game, to me it's more like comparing a P-51 Mustang to an F-18. Sure the F-18 is fast as shit, but that P-51 is way cooler and has so much more heritage.

Bunnspeed

Salad Tosser
Car(s)
2008 GTI four door
I'll play this game, to me it's more like comparing a P-51 Mustang to an F-18. Sure the F-18 is fast as shit, but that P-51 is way cooler and has so much more heritage.

Well said. I was mostly just fucking around and playing the devil's advocate. I agree dailying a MK1 or 2 would be a much more soulful and possibly more fun experience than dailying a MKV, especially for someone who doesn't rack up a shit-ton of miles each year.

I couldn't do it because I drive 30k miles a year, so reliability and refinement (not to mention excellent power at 80+ mph commuting speeds) are far more important than soulfulness for me. Having dailied old cars in the past, I know it'd quickly become a very frustrating and expensive proposition, given my propensity for wearing out old components. I usually save money with higher payments but fewer repairs per month.