GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Scirocco wheels

Msteadman

Go Kart Champion
^ The Scirocco or Ryuga? Assuming the latter is even still called that - pic was taken at the Chicago Auto Show two years ago.

09SemperGTI

Ready to race!
Hm. Why exactly is the Scirocco not coming to America, again? Do we get ANY variation of it?

VDUBMkV///C

Intergalactic smugness
Car(s)
CW MkV
We will be getting the Passat CC I beleive and I think that it will have the same wheels as the Scirocco. You could always import a new Scirocco if you really wanted one :wub:

jezman

WHEELS

I would'nt go for those wheels, i am over the 'turbine' wheel thing that the r32 has. they piss you off when you need to clean them too.

FaLLeNAn9eL

JESUS HATES FLAT TIRE
we get a slushbox and detuned cc

shows what the rest of the world thinks of america.

Actually, cars are detuned not because car manufacturers hate America but because of the strict policy on imported cars. Safety, emissions, etc.

cmdrfire

FIA World Rally Car Champion
I saw a Scirocco today about twenty minutes ago at the dealer/workshop. Very nice car, it seems to be much smaller than the Golf! The wheels were quite nice, but a bit bling... shinier than the pictures indicate, but not chrome. Hyper Silver I think is the colouration of them.
I prefer the Golf overall but the Scirocco has a very nice sporty feel to it, lovely interior and it very much oozes "coupe". I like the little bumps on the roof for the hatch hinges as well.
Was in a colour very similar to my laser blue, maybe a shade lighter.

GTi Chooch

Ready to race!
FYI those wheels are called the "interlagos"....which makes it weird that they aren't meant for the GTI

OEMpl.us has them here

KingOfJericho

Go Kart Champion
The wheels in the first pic are different from those of the latter 2. The first is actual turbine type wheels and the second and third pictures are not. They turn toward each other in pairs, almost like a Charleston (I think that's the Fahrenheit wheel) but with a twist.

GTi Chooch

Ready to race!
you're right. I didn't notice it at first glance, but the second set of wheels is definitely different. I'm not sure what those are.

Msteadman

Go Kart Champion
Hm. Why exactly is the Scirocco not coming to America, again? Do we get ANY variation of it?

Profits - weak dollar/strong euro. Also apparently VW feels it would detract too much from the GTI's sales while simultaneously not seeing enough demand itself. :iono: