GOLFMKV

Scirocco R's available now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bhmkv

Auto Body Appraiser
Car(s)
07 CW GTI
I want--- too much $$$$$$. How much is the reg Scirocco there. We dont get them in USA.

DkN

Ready to race!
Wtf? I thought the Scirocco has less performance than the Golf R... Was expecting about the same price, definitely didn't see +$10k coming.

edit: nvm, driveaway.. still, way too much $$ for me

apmitchell74

Ready to race!
Car(s)
R36 Twin Turbo Golf
Wtf? I thought the Scirocco has less performance than the Golf R... Was expecting about the same price, definitely didn't see +$10k coming.

edit: nvm, driveaway.. still, way too much $$ for me

Scirocco R is faster than a Golf R and quicker around a track too. Volkswagen Australia are quoting drive away figures of $70k plus It's going to priced more than the Golf R.
That's why they stopped the ordering on the Golf R three door.
It's not for everyone granted, But it's at least one year or more before these hit our shores and two order one you are looking at a 12month wait.:thumbsup:

BarneyBoy

...and it's only a 1.4?
Car(s)
Mk5 Golf GT
Ha ha!

Good old VW Australia gouging the crap out of us!

In the UK:
Golf R 5 door DSG £33,300 drive away
Scirocco R DSG £31,045 drive away

Also 3 levels of trim available on the Scirocco range:
(Base/GT/R)
6 engines:
1.4TSI 122hp
1.4TSI 160hp
2.0TDI 140hp
2.0TSI 210hp
2.0TDI 170hp
2.0TSI 265hp
3 transmissions (depends on engine):
6 speed manual
6 speed DSG
7 speed DSG
Price range: £19,845 - £31,045

The Scirocco R is highly desirable - I'd love one, but VWA's pricing is an insult.
Because unless it comes with a boot load of $100 bills, I'm not interested.

I guess next they'll tell us how it had to be specially engineered for our hot climate.

Last edited:

Booba

Ready to race!
Not trying to defend VWA here however I think it is logistically much much easier to provide the car to the UK especially with the variety of engines.

Ha ha!

Good old VW Australia gouging the crap out of us!

In the UK:
Golf R 5 door DSG £33,300 drive away
Scirocco R DSG £31,045 drive away

Also 3 levels of trim available on the Scirocco range:
(Base/GT/R)
6 engines:
1.4TSI 122hp
1.4TSI 160hp
2.0TDI 140hp
2.0TSI 210hp
2.0TDI 170hp
2.0TSI 265hp
3 transmissions (depends on engine):
6 speed manual
6 speed DSG
7 speed DSG
Price range: £19,845 - £31,045

The Scirocco R is highly desirable - I'd love one, but VWA's pricing is an insult.
Because unless it comes with a boot load of $100 bills, I'm not interested.

I guess next they'll tell us how it had to be specially engineered for our hot climate.

triode12

Go Kart Champion
If VWA were to price the new Scirocco at $70K, they would effectively be shooting themselves in the foot. And that doesn't line up with their decision to drop the 3Dr Golf R because of the Scirocco.

No one in their right mind would spend that much on what is essentially a Pirelli/35 albeit in different sheet metal.

Jethro41

Volkswagenista!!
Car(s)
VW GOLF V GTI
Ahh gents...

I don't think this is VWA's price.... this is Scuderia Imports... if I'm reading AP's original post correctly.

TimT

Go Kart Champion
Ahh gents...

I don't think this is VWA's price.... this is Scuderia Imports... if I'm reading AP's original post correctly.

Thats correct. VW dealers are already taking pre-orders for scirocco Rs with the estimated price being around 48.5k +options & onroads.

just_quietly

Power Banned
Car(s)
Mk5 Golf GTI 07 spec
If VWA were to price the new Scirocco at $70K, they would effectively be shooting themselves in the foot. And that doesn't line up with their decision to drop the 3Dr Golf R because of the Scirocco.

No one in their right mind would spend that much on what is essentially a Pirelli/35 albeit in different sheet metal.

$70k......very close to S3 territory.....I know what I would get.

iluvbrownale

White Lightning
$70k......very close to S3 territory.....I know what I would get.

yeah, the lighter, faster R

(AP's correct, the Scir consistently posts faster times around a track than a Golf R even though it's missing two driven wheels, confirming the old Chapman adage that to add speed, add lightness)

10d

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'08 CW 5dr. GTI

Umm. I think the difference is skin deep. Unless you actually give it a proper drive, most people would not now the difference.

Wider track, 100kgs lighter, lower centre of gravity. Hence quicker than the Golf R. See if the Pirelli or 35 can beat the Golf R

Status
Not open for further replies.