GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

scirocco hits milestone

TOE_FAST

www.TonyScavo.com
Car(s)
2007 MKV Fahrenheit
But VW doesn't need a HALO car in the states - its not how it is perceived here. I understand that they do do it with the Veyron but you have to remember that that is really simply a test bed for new technology and manufacturing processes. To do the same with the Scirocco would be the death of a thousand cuts (worldwide only 200 Veyrons have been sold at a loss - selling 10k Sciroccos at a loss would be far more harmful to the bottom line).

That math doesn't add up???

200 Veyrons at a loss of 100,000 each = 20 million dollars

10,000 Sciroccos at a loss of 2,000 each would be the same money but only 200 veyrons are sold here, think about 10,000 sciroccos buzzing around our cities?

Now as someone suggested - bring just 5,000 here, price them at a profit for VW and we EASILY have 5,000 guys and girls who would buy it - I would without even blinking.

I just dont agree that there aren't enough enthusiasts to buy them - it's WAY better than the R32 and as far as cannibalizing GTI sales - the Scirocco would be a special offering to those who could afford it - the GTI would still sell to the younger set who can only afford interlagos GTI's