GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Scammers

Bulldugg

Passed Driver's Ed
WARNING!!!!

there are some scammers that are jumping on WTB threads and trying to get you to buy stuff they don’t actually have. They will say,” a friend of mine hase those parts, here’s the email“. then they will attempt to get you to use F&F on paypal to scam you out of your money. They load pics from internet to fool ya. I was looking for R32 rear brakes, and they tried to sell me GTI calipers ( red ). I told them Rs are normally blue, and the email said that these were painted. I called them on the bluff and said I was Reporting them. They took down the email.

So be careful. Especially how you pay. Only use a form that you can have insured In case of trouble.

eliwise

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks - this forum is getting worse for this kind of thing. I’ve responded to a couple of ads recently and then had other people reach out and say “I heard you were looking for...” with the same scam.

Bulldugg

Passed Driver's Ed
Not just this forum. My Porsche forum has same problem. They are hitting the Euro car forums because parts are more expensive. Don’t know if there is a way to stop them. Just be vigilant and recognise their patterns.