GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

SatNav Retro Fit

carrollmark

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi everyone,

This is my first post here, so to kick off congrats on an excellent site.

I've a new GTi DSG arriving next week. The car I'm getting had been ordered by the dealer as a demo car, but was almost to the exact spec I wanted so I ordered it to save a 3 month wait.

The item thats missing is the VW satnav.

I asked the dealer could I purchase the satnav unit and have it fitted to the car, and he said its impossible. I wasn't convinced by him, so I was wondering does anyone here know if its possible.

The other question I have is if there's a TV in the satnav unit.

Anyone know ??

HydroGTI

Drag Race Newbie
welcome, im sure it can be added on later im not sure why he was saying it couldnt, anything is possible if u have the right $$$$$$$$$:thumbsup:

carrollmark

Passed Driver's Ed
He was a bit of a bullshitter but he said it requires a different computer which isn't in the car with the standard stereo.

Still don't believe him

Dubdr

Rally Car Champion
A new computer? He can't mean the ECU. He might mean the stereo computer but that is normally located within the head unit, so yeah you would have to change it. Doesn't make sense to me. I wouldn't go with his word. Most VW units are plug and play, should work fine!!

carrollmark

Passed Driver's Ed
baat06 said:
Great link and info... at some point I'd like to put NAV in too (I didn't want to wait:wink: ) Now to find a unit...

I can give you the email of the guy I got mine from if you like. He's in Lithuania and generally has a few VW NAV units at a time.

The one he sent me was as described, perfect condition etc.

However I have noticed theres a lot of the DVD units on www.ebay.de but they tend to be a little more expensive.

If you want my guys email let me know

Going to fit it today btw

IML337

bahnstorming
I've read stuff at vwnavi.com about european spec MFD2's not working properly in America? Might be worth sussing out before you lay down your hard earned, lads :)