GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Salsa Red GTI

Get-a Trek

Ready to race!
Car(s)
1997 Jetta Trek
Seriously thinking about re-spraying my Tornado Red GTI Salsa Red. The factory paint looks like sh!t. And the color should be called Tomato Red. Looks reddish/orange when the sun hits it just right. Would love for it to be red all the time. Anyone respray theirs yet? Any comments? Just thinking out loud I quess.

Murf

Why so serious?
Car(s)
2009 GTI
If I ever respray my TR, it'd be something like the Shadow Blue color. I've seen ShadowGLIs car in person and that color is amazing. :)

SwissMkV

Ready to race!
Seriously thinking about re-spraying my Tornado Red GTI Salsa Red. The factory paint looks like sh!t. And the color should be called Tomato Red. Looks reddish/orange when the sun hits it just right. Would love for it to be red all the time. Anyone respray theirs yet? Any comments? Just thinking out loud I quess.

You are completely correct. That is my main reason why i regret getting tornado red sometimes. However, overall i love the way Red looks on the GTI.

nick9871

Ready to race!
i spent a lot of time polishing mine and it looks "red" all the time and in any light. I will say that the paint was not in good condition from the factory but I blame that on the idiot dealership washing the cars with bristle brushes... makes me cringe.

SwissMkV

Ready to race!
i spent a lot of time polishing mine and it looks "red" all the time and in any light. I will say that the paint was not in good condition from the factory but I blame that on the idiot dealership washing the cars with bristle brushes... makes me cringe.

what's your detailing procedure including number of coats to achieve a completely get the car red in any light?

LBVdubin

Baggin aint easy

This is so true. A good polish and some sealant really goes a long way. My paint is so much darker and deeper than it was when I first got it, and always looks red.

Get-a Trek

Ready to race!
Car(s)
1997 Jetta Trek
This is so true. A good polish and some sealant really goes a long way. My paint is so much darker and deeper than it was when I first got it, and always looks red.

Just might try that route. This is tomato.

And this is more of what I want.