GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

THE Formula One Thread

g-magoo

Autocross Champion
The bulge at the bottom of the pods where the shell logo is though.... hurts my eyes. Those side impact structures are SOBs sometimes.

berserker6

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
Pretty entertaining qualifying. Starting to worry that quali is better than the racing. Happy for Lando. Maybe McLaren finally figured it out and we'll see some good racing between them and Alpine, Merc, and Haas?

mwoodski

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 Golf SW 4mo
Pretty entertaining qualifying. Starting to worry that quali is better than the racing. Happy for Lando. Maybe McLaren finally figured it out and we'll see some good racing between them and Alpine, Merc, and Haas?
this is how F1 has been for decades lol

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI
what a snoozefest of a race. at least quali was interesting

Thumper

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2012 Golf R Stg3 APR
what a snoozefest of a race. at least quali was interesting

Snoozefest? Again, I just ignore Max, the interesting racing is back in mid field and there was a lot of it. Perez moving through the field, the Sainz battle with the Mercs.........George Russel getting worked up about rain when it was just sweat on his visor. LMAO Sad lap 1 outcome for Lando and Alonso I think was still struggling with his floor issues after the quali incident.

There were lots of overtakes and jockying, all in all a pretty interesting race.

g-magoo

Autocross Champion
Snoozefest? Again, I just ignore Max, the interesting racing is back in mid field and there was a lot of it. Perez moving through the field, the Sainz battle with the Mercs.........George Russel getting worked up about rain when it was just sweat on his visor. LMAO Sad lap 1 outcome for Lando and Alonso I think was still struggling with his floor issues after the quali incident.

There were lots of overtakes and jockying, all in all a pretty interesting race.
I agree with this take. I think the race overall was really entertaining. Even with Formula Max out front (exceeding track limits, lol), it was way better than the normal Spain races we get.

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI
eh, is it really that interesting watching a supercar navigate thru a field of Corollas? which is how it feels watching the Red Bulls carve thru effortlessly. Russell confusing sweat with rain was funny. most others I cared about basically stayed put the whole race, or came out nearly net zero at the end after pits and such. for me, it was a pretty mid race. especially after (can't believe I'm saying this) Monaco last week.

berserker6

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
That grandstand commentary from Dani and Will was the worst. Absolutely brutal. They were talking over team radios.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
13 GTI & 98 Prelude
That Fernando chant was on point!!

good race overall.