GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

SACHS SRE Performance clutch

vagike

The OE DMF took out a clutch disc on my car... bushing in the center worn out and the clutch hung and dragged on the disc. Happened twice...warrantied once.

A41.8QTM

That's what she said
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Been looking into that one too. It's $1k without a flywheel. I'd need to pick up a Golf R DMF to go with it. The kit is basically an OE TT-RS pressure plate and some version of OE clutch disc. They modify the parts to mount on the mk5 Gti and Mk6 Gti/R.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Bunnspeed

Salad Tosser
Car(s)
2008 GTI four door
The OE DMF took out a clutch disc on my car... bushing in the center worn out and the clutch hung and dragged on the disc. Happened twice...warrantied once.

What were the symptoms? I have a weird clatter with my Southbend Stage 3 clutch disc/ stock DMF setup, at idle in neutral, and it feels like something in the drivetrain drags intermittently as I'm coming to a stop. I'm wondering if my clutch disc might be shitting the bed. Still feels perfectly grabby and holds nicely under throttle.

A41.8QTM

That's what she said
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Old thread but new update. I just ordered a complete kit direct from Sachs for $1260 shipped - pressure plate, disc, DMF, and slave cylinder. It's been a long time coming but I recently decided to hold on to the Gti for a while longer so figured I'd take care of that slipping stock clutch. It's only an issue at WOT and since I don't track/drag it's fine 98% of the time but eventually I'll sell this car so might as well take the hit now and get some use out of it.

clockwise33

New York Giants Fanatic
Nice. I’ve had this clutch on a stock DMF for about five years and never had the slightest issue. As a precaution, limit how often you sit with the clutch engaged and consider a clutch switch bypass for cold starts, both will help save the thrust washers, which is becoming more common of an issue in the MK6R world.