GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

SACHS SRE Performance clutch

A41.8QTM

That's what she said
Car(s)
2008 GTI
It seems Sachs has an uprated "performance" clutch kit designed to be used with the EO DMF. I really like that it is made by the same company that makes the OEM clutch. They rate it for 550nm (405ftlbs). It's about 500 Euros direct from Sachs (605 minus 19% VAT), so $690 + shipping. This has quickly moved to the top of my list of options but I haven;t found a lot of reviews/experience - a bit on Vortex. Anyone familiar with it?

SACHS Stage 1 Performance clutch

vegasGTI

Go Kart Champion
Sachs makes good stuff

Bunnspeed

Salad Tosser
Car(s)
2008 GTI four door
Subd. Thanks for letting us know about this option.

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
If your math is right, the price has come down since I first saw it. I think clutchmasters is a good option, they do make them for the stock DMF. It's just that most people get the SMF too, and that's where the extra noise comes from.

A41.8QTM

That's what she said
Car(s)
2008 GTI
My math on the SRE? I just plugged it into google to convert. We don't pay the VAT but there will be shipping. That is just the disc and pressure plate - no flywheel.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

HereticByDefault

Go Kart Champion
Yeah unfortunately the flywheel is pretty damn expensive, otherwise I would go with this setup for sure.

A41.8QTM

That's what she said
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Just got a quote from a shop in the UK. $369 for a LUK flywheel (DM), $369 for the SRE oressure plate (LUK), $320 for the Sachs organic clutch disc, $65 fir the slave cylinder and bearing, $130 shipping.

I've got a message in to see what it would cost to source the DMF locally but I think that price is pretty good.

A41.8QTM

That's what she said
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Kit with Sachs SMF is $1515 plus shipping from UK in case anyone is interested.

A41.8QTM

That's what she said
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Correct. There will also be ~$25 customs tax. Still, I like this OEM+ option better than the after market kits. The only thing similar is the HS Tuning RSR but it is $1k without a flywheel.

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
I picked up a DMF with 13k from a 2012 GTI. It's on the shelf if anyone is looking for one.

Car(s)
Subaru
so cm fx350 for $1200 or this for $1500... plus shipping. the dmf has its problems too. id rather cut one less thing to go wrong and get rid of the dmf tbh

i like options but imo, this is an expensive option