GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

S3 Intercooler question with oem hose for track use

TRC

Ready to race!
Hi,

Just wondering if anyone had any issues installing S3 IC with oem hoses?
I know you have to hack em but do they pop at high rpm/track use?

thanks!

BlaineWasHere

I brake for apexes!
boost is boost, whether you spin 21 PSI on the street or the track it's the same amount of air flowing though.

Do it and drive the car around on the street for a while, if you don't have any boost leak, you don't have any boost leak.

josein06gli

GLI OWNER
Car(s)
VW Jetta GLI

penpal

Srs Bzns
Car(s)
07 GTI , 12 R, 18 R
i hate the quick disconnect, had a hose pop off at the quick disconnect on the track. id clamp all the hoses if i could. why do vw overengineer stuff like this >_>

Vageline

Ready to race!
Car(s)
07' GTI
boost is boost, whether you spin 21 PSI on the street or the track it's the same amount of air flowing though.

Do it and drive the car around on the street for a while, if you don't have any boost leak, you don't have any boost leak.

i haft to disagree. yes boost is boost, but when boost is at 20psi for maybe 10mins strait, then a hose may pop off. on the street or on a drag strip, youre only going 20psi for a few secs. hell, i got pissed at a person on my way home and they were going 40 in a 55, so i passed her and within seconds i was at 80 and scaring myself cause i didnt realize i got to that speed so fast. but on a track, ill be flooring it almost non stop. only time the hose gets a break is when you shift or slowing down

TRC

Ready to race!
thanks for all the comments!
just making sure.. these are the other parts that I need?
(9) M6 x 1.0 x 16mm bolts
(2) 2.5" hose clamps

Carfreak226

Detailer Extraordinaire
Car(s)
2007 GTI MKV
I have an S3 in my GTI, and I'm running stg1 software. I race it at the auto-x in fontana all the time. Works wonderfully and is a great addition to the car! Let me know if you'd like help with the install as I did my own a few years back. I also have a bentley manual at my disposal.

TRC

Ready to race!
I really appreciate it! Thank you! I have 2 tech buds that wants to do it but they're not familiar with Vw, maybe you can supervise them/us? :)

Btw, I saw your IFS on my vid on the 3rd run, I believe you were the third car on the grid. :)

Last edited:

Carfreak226

Detailer Extraordinaire
Car(s)
2007 GTI MKV
For sure I can definitely do that. PM me with the details and when you want to do it!

Ah yes, that beast of an ISF hahaha.

TRC

Ready to race!
From your location, I think it's only about 4-5 miles to my place :) I'll pm you soon! Thanks again!

Carfreak226

Detailer Extraordinaire
Car(s)
2007 GTI MKV
Sounds good man!