GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

RS4 injectors OEM or Factory

07mkvgti

Rally Car Newbie
Car(s)
06 GTi
Bottom line is, OEM and Factory are the same thing. there are other brands that make the OEM part, which means it's the same specs, but when someone says OEM on this site, we usually mean the Factory part.

A41.8QTM

That's what she said
Car(s)
2008 GTI
If someone says "OEM" and doesn't mean the factory part then they have their head up their ass. There may be more than one OEM supplier for a given part - spark plugs for instance.

but when someone says OEM on this site, we usually mean the Factory part.

randrewm97

Ready to race!
Car(s)
this thread is hella funny. clowndrew

lets look at the cost difference... better components vs oem

plugs - oem (which are actually ngk, just a lower heat rating)
ngk - higher heat rating (if you pick that rating) and less likely to foul or cause detonation

plug prices - oem $55
ngk $35

i just saved $20 for higher heat rating

packs - oem (revision e) $75
oem (revision f) $80

i spent $5 extra... but saved $15 overall. sure i could spend $15 more and get oem plugs, but why pay more for less. i dont get it when i could just have a higher heat rating than oem for less. i feel like im talking to a brick wall. i thought i was gonna spend more tbh, but after doing the math, im saving money. wtf is the problem here? seems like a win win to me

aus-phil

Ready to race!
the problem is you're in a thread about injectors sprouting copious amounts of misinformation and turning it into a thread about plugs and coils.

"no, revo tunes will be tuned for s3". WRONG. In North America, Revo K04 tune is for RS4 injectors.

"as for revo needing rs4 plugs, thats for 2+, 2 you just need s3. rs4 plugs are cheaper and if you are gonna go for a 2+, id just get them. but a stage 3 tune i would defiantly get rs4." WRONG. I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHERE TO START.

randrewm97

Ready to race!
Car(s)
the problem is you're in a thread about injectors sprouting copious amounts of misinformation and turning it into a thread about plugs and coils.

"no, revo tunes will be tuned for s3". WRONG. In North America, Revo K04 tune is for RS4 injectors.

"as for revo needing rs4 plugs, thats for 2+, 2 you just need s3. rs4 plugs are cheaper and if you are gonna go for a 2+, id just get them. but a stage 3 tune i would defiantly get rs4." WRONG. I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHERE TO START.

i was prolly drinking tbh. im not sure about revo... their program is shit anyways. it deserves misinformation. im not sure about a revo k04 tune, but apr k04 tune is s3 plugs. im almost positive on that because i got a quote today on it. if i was to go bt with apr, it was rs4. i think i said apr earlier, but i meant rs4... multitasking fail i guess.

as for the oem plugs and packs, i was just asking a quick question and then the oem fanboys came to play. i dont think they knew wtf they were talking about cause i said i was going for ngk, which is the same company that makes the oem plugs. also, i said i was going for the f pack... which is also oem. not sure if i need to link this info or what. i know about cars, and vw is new to me... but i knew that much at least.

all and all, apr i know uses s3 plugs for their k04 and rs4 for their bt kit (i think... it might be some special plug that i dont know of yet). revo is just a tune that no one should use cause its horrible. even if revo needs rs4 for a k04 (not sure, id haft to check but i think on their website it says to call and see what plug) and apr needs s3 for k04, apr is always the faster tune... and its using s3 plugs. apr only uses rs4 plugs for their bt setups (again, i think theyre rs4 plugs)

am i right on that much?

brekdown29

J-O-O
Car(s)
GTI 7.5
you keep confusing injectors and plugs and coil packs so no you are not even right on that much. you are just going to confuse any noob who happens upon this unfortunate thread.

and you obviously have an unjustified, unabashed hatred of revo for some reason which gives you even less credibility.

TSiUG

sleeper...
i was prolly drinking tbh. im not sure about revo... their program is shit anyways. it deserves misinformation. im not sure about a revo k04 tune, but apr k04 tune is s3 plugs. im almost positive on that because i got a quote today on it. if i was to go bt with apr, it was rs4. i think i said apr earlier, but i meant rs4... multitasking fail i guess.

as for the oem plugs and packs, i was just asking a quick question and then the oem fanboys came to play. i dont think they knew wtf they were talking about cause i said i was going for ngk, which is the same company that makes the oem plugs. also, i said i was going for the f pack... which is also oem. not sure if i need to link this info or what. i know about cars, and vw is new to me... but i knew that much at least.

all and all, apr i know uses s3 plugs for their k04 and rs4 for their bt kit (i think... it might be some special plug that i dont know of yet). revo is just a tune that no one should use cause its horrible. even if revo needs rs4 for a k04 (not sure, id haft to check but i think on their website it says to call and see what plug) and apr needs s3 for k04, apr is always the faster tune... and its using s3 plugs. apr only uses rs4 plugs for their bt setups (again, i think theyre rs4 plugs)

am i right on that much?

STOP

07GTI-2.0T

Go Kart Champion
lol, nope, just got back from a vw tuning shop and i got an estimate for a k04 from apr and they said use s3 plugs. i asked why not rs4 and they said the exact reasons i said. you can check aprs website... the k04 turbo kit comes with s3 plugs, not rs4... the bt kit comes with apr plugs

you calling me out on it just made me laugh. id link it but im sure you can figure it out

You dont get it. REVO's K04 tune requires RS4 injectors. You said that info is wrong. That info is fact. Whether they arent the best choice or S3 injectors are better and what APR/anybody else uses is irrelevant (isn't that stating the quite obvious anyway...saying S3 injectors are more optimal than RS4 injectors for a K04 swap is like making an argument front struts from an Audi A3 sport are a better choice for a GTI than front struts from a Tiguan)

If you must know, the story why they use RS4 injectors for their K04 tune because (according to them) at the time of their k04 development/release there were no US VAG part number for the injectors (basically you couldn't walk into any dealership and order a set). By the time the Audi TTS came along and the injectors were readily available in the US they had by then acquired a slew of costumers already using RS4 injectors and their tune had become synonymous with RS4 injectors. Given that, they felt switching their hardware requirements at this point would only add confusion thus US Revo tune REQUIRES RS4 injectors They obviously feel RS4 injectors perform satisfactory for use with their tune.

xcrazydx

Crack Rock Fresh
Car(s)
2007 CW GTI

am i right on that much?

You are a complete disaster. You require much more research before you post. You are also an APR fanboy, obviously. Get going on your research and when you figure out wtf you are talking about come on back. Just stop posting nonsense and misinformation.

07GTI-2.0T

Go Kart Champion
lets look at the cost difference... better components vs oem

plugs - oem (which are actually ngk, just a lower heat rating)
ngk - higher heat rating (if you pick that rating) and less likely to foul or cause detonation

You do realize (you don't) you would go in opposite directions in spark plug temperature range for detonation and plug fouling (colder for detonation prevention, hotter if your fouling plugs). Which brings up another thing: You do realize what you refer to as "higher heat rating" (you probably dont again) are actually what the rest of the world refers to as colder plugs and vise versa.

RRacerguy717

Go Kart Champion
You do realize (you don't) you would go in opposite directions in spark plug temperature range for detonation and plug fouling (colder for detonation prevention, hotter if your fouling plugs). Which brings up another thing: You do realize what you refer to as "higher heat rating" (you probably dont again) are actually what the rest of the world refers to as colder plugs and vise versa.

Injectors and plug heat range are a/f and sw dependent. I found that the Richer the a/f the closer to stock heat range runs the best with the rs4 and also if your running wm. Bob. G :thumbsup:

Tmsracing37

Boosty McFlamin Job
Car(s)
06 GTI

am i right on that much?

O really, How many stock block FSI's do you know of producing low 400 whp and running 11.4's and trapping at 122 mph. Have made over 200 1/4 passes and DD everyday, rain, snow, or shine???

The Revo tune is great for a stock block setup. It's all up to hardware choices and how it is installed.