GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

RS4 injectors OEM or Factory

Vwgtivw

Ready to race!
you should check your facts, revo uses RS4 injectors for north america. i would recommend to the OP not to go revo k04 as there are some problems with the tune (long term problems) that revo has yet to fix. Im switching from revo to unitronic shortly as they have a RS4 injector file that was created for certain ECU numbers.

yamimoto85r6

dub Tech
ok factory is when you buy the part from the dealer.

and oem is when you buy the part from like IMC or napa but they part is made by the same manufacture as who makes the same part for factory just with out the vw and audi stamp on it. and which i was wondering if anyone had bad experience with it.

and the reason I'm getting revo is cause i already have there stage 1 and i was just going up stages.

randrewm97

Ready to race!
Car(s)

and oem is when you buy the part from like IMC or napa but they part is made by the same manufacture as who makes the same part for factory just with out the vw and audi stamp on it. and which i was wondering if anyone had bad experience with it.

and the reason I'm getting revo is cause i already have there stage 1 and i was just going up stages.

no, oem will have the audi stamp on it. if not then it isnt oem and is either a cheap aftermarket part or expensive one... either way, aftermarket. ive bought a few oem parts for my gti and all have either an audi or vw or both on them.

i was gonna go revo too but then i heard about all the problems. an apr tune is faster but cost a little more, but it also has free upgrades (i think). revo is tempting cause i can get a revo tune right down the street but apr tune i gotta drive a little ways. ill prolly still go apr in the long run. as for revo needing rs4 plugs, thats for 2+, 2 you just need s3. rs4 plugs are cheaper and if you are gonna go for a 2+, id just get them. but a stage 3 tune i would defiantly get rs4.

brekdown29

J-O-O
Car(s)
GTI 7.5
You can't fix stupid.

hahaha!

Mr. Randrew needs to do some more lurking, or perhaps research, before posting one more time on a topic he is completely uninformed on.

edit: and as for the OP, I'd get the RS4 injectors from CTS Turbo. They are OEM and a good price.

Strikered

Ready to race!

So what you're saying is that its the SAME PART, but you're wondering wether or not a little brand stamp will make a difference???

I think you answered your question right there!

Think of it this way, if you go with the S3 injectors you will have a wider selection of tunes for your KO4 and avoid issues....There's a reason everyone in here is telling you the same thing - that is why you came to a forum, right? to get the opinion of experienced Vdubbers?

Zach L

VR junkie
well they lied. the stage 3 k04 you use s3 injectors. if you get a bt, you use rs4. you said you was running k04, so you should use s3.

This false statement ruined your credibility. Please move to a new thread where this has not happened (yet).

randrewm97

Ready to race!
Car(s)
hahaha!

Mr. Randrew needs to do some more lurking, or perhaps research, before posting one more time on a topic he is completely uninformed on.

edit: and as for the OP, I'd get the RS4 injectors from CTS Turbo. They are OEM and a good price.

cool lol. aftermarket plugs like ngk have a better heat range meaning not as likely to foul. when a plug gets to its proper heat range, it will still be able to give a good spark and also avoid a tip getting hot and causing pre detonation... which can blow a motor and ive seen it done before. being a boosted engine, your cylinders can get hot and pre detonation can happen. i hope that makes sense cause clearly i have no clue wtf im talking about. i suggest you spend a few extra bucks for a better plugs. think of it as insurance for your motor. it may not need it, but just encase, then youll be ready

i will say this, just normal street racing or daily drivers... or even drag cars dont need aftermarket plugs, but track cars DO need after market plugs. not sure if youve done track, but if so, id advice you to get ngk cause as i stated, you can blow a motor from a hot tip or even a plug fouling out.

as for the packs, i said i was going with f's... oem. they are only a few extra bucks too and provide much better spark. not sure why this isnt getting across but i could careless. ill spend a few extra bucks and you can save a few bucks. could careless. ill be racing my car in the summer at the local track, you might just drive yours to work and oem is fine for you. either way, dont care. in all honesty though, you being so smart about cars, you prolly should have known this already

randrewm97

Ready to race!
Car(s)
This false statement ruined your credibility. Please move to a new thread where this has not happened (yet).

lol, nope, just got back from a vw tuning shop and i got an estimate for a k04 from apr and they said use s3 plugs. i asked why not rs4 and they said the exact reasons i said. you can check aprs website... the k04 turbo kit comes with s3 plugs, not rs4... the bt kit comes with apr plugs

you calling me out on it just made me laugh. id link it but im sure you can figure it out

A41.8QTM

That's what she said
Car(s)
2008 GTI
WTF are you talking about...spark plugs or injectors? And APR doesn't make plugs or injectors.

lol, nope, just got back from a vw tuning shop and i got an estimate for a k04 from apr and they said use s3 plugs. i asked why not rs4 and they said the exact reasons i said. you can check aprs website... the k04 turbo kit comes with s3 plugs, not rs4... the bt kit comes with apr plugs

you calling me out on it just made me laugh. id link it but im sure you can figure it out

07mkvgti

Rally Car Newbie
Car(s)
06 GTi
So what you're saying is that its the SAME PART, but you're wondering wether or not a little brand stamp will make a difference???

I think you answered your question right there!

Think of it this way, if you go with the S3 injectors you will have a wider selection of tunes for your KO4 and avoid issues....There's a reason everyone in here is telling you the same thing - that is why you came to a forum, right? to get the opinion of experienced Vdubbers?

not always true. i came here with an issue, and showed a video of the noise, and some people guaranteed me that the problem was so and so, and they were completely wrong. It's for an opinion really, but you wont really know unless you get into the shop.