GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

rolling of fenders

hakgwai

Touring Car Newbie
Car(s)
BMP GTI
hi guys, don't really know where to put this thread.

I'm planning to get some 19x8 or 18x 8 et 35 rims. was wondering if i roll my fenders what do i have to watch out for. such as would it crack my paint or anything.
plus do u guys think this would work?
thx

*EDIT*
sry forgot to mention, i''m running coilovers, FK silverlines

Last edited:

Hong Chau

Banned
thats a unique nickname.
are you of Asian decent?

bonzgti

Cause you don't know
if you roll the fenders correctly, such as with an actual fender roller, you will be ok.. i believe ngp racing and/or oldskool industries has one for rent. it's really easy, butyou need to keep your eye on things... et 35 ftw!

nomad

FIA World Rally Car Newbie
i went to an auto store here in germany, the im buying some et40 rims from them, the guy at the counter flipped a bitch when i told him my car. he said rolling the fender's is "necessary" (aka you should* do it but not completely needed). he mentioned that it's difficult because of the bolt in the front wheel well along the outer fender lining. if you feel in there and slide your hand along it you'll feel it. he said it requires body work to do it properly w/o fucking something up on your car. just what ive heard so far. i lower my car on wednesday with neuspeed sport springs, and drop these rondell 18x8's on probibly thursday. imma ask the guy's who are installing my springs to see if they can roll my fender's for me while they are at it.

dpham00

Modérateur Emeritus
if you're running stock euro springs, then you should have very little rubbing, if any on et40 rims and 225 tires.

hakgwai

Touring Car Newbie
Car(s)
BMP GTI
bump.
any suggestions or comments
thx