GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Road Trip

GTIDXB

Summer is going...:)
Hey guys,

Has any one from Dubai or Oman made a road trip to Salalah on their GTi. I'm planning a trip and want to do it in July during the summer. Are the roads ok for the GTI and is it a bad idea for the summer!!! Will appreciate any response...

GTIDXB

Summer is going...:)
What happendd....no one here has made this trip on their GTI????

Hey guys,

Has any one from Dubai or Oman made a road trip to Salalah on their GTi. I'm planning a trip and want to do it in July during the summer. Are the roads ok for the GTI and is it a bad idea for the summer!!! Will appreciate any response...

batfink21

Ready to race!
Car(s)
VW Golf GTi MkV 2.0
Hey,

I'd do it but I'd need to check with some of the local guys here whether summer is the best time to do it. Apparently the heat messes with the cars and they don't run so well. Plus I wouldn't want to be broken down in the desert halfway between DXB and Salalah in the middle of July...

A friend of mine drives his pathfinder to Salalah for kitesurfing, i think he says its like an 8 or 9 hour drive.

How long are you planning to go for? Weekend?

There's another trip I'd like to do - DXB to Jebel Hafeet to Kalba to Sharjah to DXB, but i'm not sure about getting between Jebel Hafeet and Kalba - it looks like there's a couple of roads on the explorer UAE map that could link it up but not sure how good they are.

dry mountain roads + Golf GTI = fun

2.0TFSI

Turbo Bunny
Car(s)
Candy White Golf GTI
hey there.. sorry for the late reply.. i live in oman and i got to salalah almost every summer.. salalahz weather is very good but i don't recommend u to take ur car there cuz all streets are dirty and wet.. if u go to salalah with a 4WD that would be much better.. most of the ppl rest in muscat and continue their way to salalah the other day..

i just noticed that u sold ur GTI :iono: then how will u take it to salalah??