GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

RNS 510 questions

simeonv

Car(s)
mkV BKD
Hi All,
I've retrofited RNS 510 into my mkV (previously was with the MFD2) and I'm a bit paranoid that it can drain my battery. Checked it in the morning and the navigation was a bit hot (outside temp around 0 degrees) . It doesn't look normal to me and I'm afraid that it can drain my battery for couple days.
Also when starting the car in the morning I don't get the "Welcome to Volkswagen" screen but directly the Radio which makes me think that it does not shut down properly when i remove the key.
Could you please share your experience with the RNS 510 module.
Cheers

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
Hi All,
I've retrofited RNS 510 into my mkV (previously was with the MFD2) and I'm a bit paranoid that it can drain my battery. Checked it in the morning and the navigation was a bit hot (outside temp around 0 degrees) . It doesn't look normal to me and I'm afraid that it can drain my battery for couple days.
Also when starting the car in the morning I don't get the "Welcome to Volkswagen" screen but directly the Radio which makes me think that it does not shut down properly when i remove the key.
Cheers
Have you changed any of the settings or coding in the CAN gateway? I don't know if that's it, but worth a look.

simeonv

Car(s)
mkV BKD
Hi zrickety,
No. I haven't tried amneding the coding in the can bus, just in the Navigation channel. What exactly should I change there, or I should update the whole CAN with a newer one.
Also on a separate note, since the car it came from had Dynaudio system there's no sound from the speakers. Tried to amend the coding of the navigation in the Long Coding menu, it said that it was reflected and done but the changes are not applied. Perhaps due to the origin of my Vag Com being a copy.

GTI's

Drag Racing Champion
Hi All,
Cheers
MY of this MkV

simeonv

Car(s)
mkV BKD
Hi Guys,

Thank you for the replies. Last week I had some time to fix the issue. So indeed there was a battery drain and I put back the MFD2 for the time being.
I found newer CAN module with the following code : 1K0-907-530-L . Installed and coded it correctly.
On a separate note the issue with the coding functionality on my VCDS was fixed by deleting the program and re-installing it. Thus I've changed the coding from DynAudio to standart and now works as a charm.
Only thing left are updated maps for Eastern Europe.