GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Ripped off outside the house

found

DriverFound
So I had some friends over with a older Ginster GTI and we took my new Jetta for a spin since the exhaust pipe work was just done and the H&R's were installed a couple weeks ago. Its a 2008 and they decided they didn't want to go to the dealership and buy one so the couple made me an offer and I took it.

We decided to celebrate inside the house and about a hour into the party the GTI alarm starts beeping. We run outside and the drivers door is open with no signs of forced entry. I decide to pull the Jetta inside the garage and the rear door is open with no signs of forced entry. The jerks got my Ipod and pair of sun glasses. No damage to the car though.

Here is the question, How did they get in? A neighbor said maybe the thieves stole my alarm frequency and opened it up. What?

Meat

rack rack 'em
Car(s)
2007 GTI [DSG]
Did you leave it unlocked?

spacecity.gti

Sortaflush
Car(s)
2011 VW GTI

found

DriverFound
Did you leave it unlocked?

Nope.

All 3 of us outside heard both cars chirp and lock.

Totally a professional job. In and out quick. I am really close to a freeway on ramp and seconds after we ran out we could hear a VW exhaust hitting the freeway. So I am guessing a fellow dubber not a meth head.

The Passat and the Rabbit were untouched and outside during the whole ordeal.

found

DriverFound
but how did the alarm go off?

curiouser and curiouser.

The alarm only went off on the GTI not the Jetta so I am guessing they knew they were going to hit the Jetta but tried for the bonus GTI and triggered that alarm.

Pretty much sucks but I am glad they didn't damage anything. Sold the Jetta today to them today just finished dropping it off.

found

DriverFound
damn that sucks. sounds like you were targeted with intent. good luck

Yep thats how I am feeling for sure. I wish I could have recorded the exhaust tone of the car hitting the freeway cause it was pretty distinctive. Was pretty drunk or I would have hit the freeway after them. It was about 1:30 am.