GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Review: TunerDomes.com LED Interior, City Lights and License Plate LEDs PIC HEAVY

Coastie3708

Ready to race!
Hey guys,

For a while now, I've been researching on the forums for a "quality" LED interior replacement to the boring stock bulbs we have installed in our cars. I've heard so many different reviews on the Zizas, the ECS tuning kit, and various other kits we have all found on the internet and none so far have fit the billing of a "good" kit. Enter TunerDomes.com LED interior kit, City Lights, and License Plate LEDs.

As you can see on their website, they are pretty straight forward. You can choose to shop by your rid or type of bulb. All the bulbs for our cars are built with an error cancelling housing built in so there will not be any bulb out codes. You can purchase them in Hyper White, Red or Blue.

The Interior kit comes with:

1 x part# 6418 - uses Error Canceling Festoon LEDs - Front Dome
2 x part# 6418 High Power - uses Error Canceling LEDs - Visor(updated)
2 x part# 194 Wedge - uses High Power Surface Mount LEDs - Front Map/Courtesy
3 x part# 194 Wedge - uses High Power Surface Mount LEDs- Rear Map/Courtesy
2 x part# 194 Wedge - uses Error Canceling LEDs - Foot Well
1 x part# 6411 - uses Error Canceling Festoon LED - Hatch
1 x part# 194 Wedge - uses High Power Surface Mount LED - Glove Box
http://www.tunerdomes.com/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=69

The City Light Kit comes with:

2x LED: 3 high power SMD LED
Light Angle: 360 degree viewing angle
http://www.tunerdomes.com/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=138

The License Plate Kit comes with:
2x LED: Uses 4 extremely high power SMD LED chips
Fitment: Replacement for 36mm - 37mm Festoon Style Bulb
Color Temperature: 6500 - 7000K - No Color Fade
http://www.tunerdomes.com/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=79

Onto the pics:

IMG_1480 by Bryce.Allen, on Flickr

IMG_1482 by Bryce.Allen, on Flickr

IMG_1486 by Bryce.Allen, on Flickr

IMG_1484 by Bryce.Allen, on Flickr

IMG_1488 by Bryce.Allen, on Flickr

IMG_1483 by Bryce.Allen, on Flickr

IMG_1487 by Bryce.Allen, on Flickr

IMG_1490 by Bryce.Allen, on Flickr

IMG_1491 by Bryce.Allen, on Flickr

IMG_1493 by Bryce.Allen, on Flickr

IMG_1497 by Bryce.Allen, on Flickr

IMG_1495 by Bryce.Allen, on Flickr

IMG_1499 by Bryce.Allen, on Flickr

IMG_1485 by Bryce.Allen, on Flickr Working man's hatch.

IMG_1502 by Bryce.Allen, on Flickr Stock v.s. tunerdomes hyper white

IMG_1503 by Bryce.Allen, on Flickr

IMG_1504 by Bryce.Allen, on Flickr

Now I know the haters are gonna hate so go on hating but these are best LEDs I have found. Super crisp, no bulb errors and you pay for what you get. These kits are competitively priced for the quality and why wouldn't you buy the best for your VW? I am currently working on a group buy deal for everything you see on this page with the owner. You will be able to order in any color as well (Hyper White, Red, or Blue). I am located in SoCal in Orange County so if anyone wants to meet up and check out the kit, please get at me.

hobbes

Ready to race!
The visor and interior hatch festoons don't require error canceling. You could save $15 from just buying the regular festoons over the error canceling ones. Other than that, they look good. I don't know if I'd prefer to have license plate lights so bright though.

Nazty Nate

Ready to race!
Do the overhead dome lights stay constantly lit even when they are off which is common when replacing with leds?

Coastie3708

Ready to race!
The visor and interior hatch festoons don't require error canceling. You could save $15 from just buying the regular festoons over the error canceling ones. Other than that, they look good. I don't know if I'd prefer to have license plate lights so bright though.

Either way, they still came out great. They license plate lights are blinding bright. They just give off a pure white color instead of the yellowish stock color.

hobbes

Ready to race!
Do the overhead dome lights stay constantly lit even when they are off which is common when replacing with leds?

If your car has a middle festoon bulb in the front dome and if you use the one listed in the OP's list, they won't be lit. If you don't have the middle bulb, you should be able to use a bulb that has error canceling in any of the mini-wedge bulbs. You can put it in any of the spots on the front or rear dome.

Nazty Nate

Ready to race!
If your car has a middle festoon bulb in the front dome and if you use the one listed in the OP's list, they won't be lit. If you don't have the middle bulb, you should be able to use a bulb that has error canceling in any of the mini-wedge bulbs. You can put it in any of the spots on the front or rear dome.

Thanks for the info :thumbsup:

intercool

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2008 GTI
OP, are these all still working well for you?

intercool

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2008 GTI
No warranty, no thanks.

parad0x

Robotic Technotronic
OP, I've got this kit and love it. The lights are so bright!

Question, do your footwell lights work properly? Mine are intermittent. I know they're installed the right way because they only work one way.

I've been chatting with David at tunerdomes, awesome customer service. He's having me do some troubleshooting as he's never had reports of my issue. I guess I'll see what I can figure out.

intercool

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2008 GTI
OP, I've got this kit and love it. The lights are so bright!

Question, do your footwell lights work properly? Mine are intermittent. I know they're installed the right way because they only work one way.

I've been chatting with David at tunerdomes, awesome customer service. He's having me do some troubleshooting as he's never had reports of my issue. I guess I'll see what I can figure out.

How long have you had your kit? I ordered some license plate lights and worry about life of the LEDs.

parad0x

Robotic Technotronic
How long have you had your kit? I ordered some license plate lights and worry about life of the LEDs.

I've had the kit since Saturday (Jan 26). It's a very high quality kit.

LED's should last forever, unless they're connected to a source that provides a higher voltage and current than what the LED is rated for.

intercool

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2008 GTI
I've had the kit since Saturday (Jan 26). It's a very high quality kit.

LED's should last forever, unless they're connected to a source that provides a higher voltage and current than what the LED is rated for.

Ok, thanks.

I know that LED's should last forever, but in our application, that has been proven to be a bunch of crap. I recently got a complete interior kit with license plate lights of good quality, and 3 have already gone out. I think one may be an irregularity in voltage/current of my footwell light, but the others I am not sure about.

It seems that the VW electrical environment is not friendly, what with the steady low current when the lights are "off".

parad0x

Robotic Technotronic
Thread revival...

So I eventually got my footwell lights replaced with ones that had a different resistance, and they work perfectly.

You shouldn't have issues with LEDs burning out at all. Ever.