GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Reversed Rear Window switch

GorData

Ready to race!
I have a 2008 GTI That i bought used, it is currently out of warranty. The back passenger back windows switch is reversed, when I press it down it goes up and visa versa. Even from the front driver door that one window is reversed.

wireb

Just a noob with a welder
Check the wires to the window motor in that door. I bet someone messed with them and has them hooked up backwards.

Swap + / - to that motor and life should go back to normal.

GorData

Ready to race!
I checked them today finally and nothing in there looks like it was touched at all. Could I check with a vag-com?

GorData

Ready to race!
Its bugging me out because I can't use the key to put all the windows up, That one windows stays open and if I open the rest, that one window closes.

wireb

It really sounds like the wires got flipped somewhere in the harness. I wonder if there is a relay for each window. If so you may just have the wrong relay installed.

I will try and look it up in the service manual when I get home tonight.

GorData

Ready to race!
Thanks, I have a friend that is a electrician and he said that it wasn't as easy as swapping the wires since it was a signal that is sent to a motor relay. Take a look anyways.

GorData

Ready to race!
wireb- Did you take a look?

wireb

Ok first does the window switch on that door work normal or backwards?

If it is backwards then the module on that door either went bad or was bad from the get go.

On the window motor it's self is the control module. If you take that apart and swap the 2 wires going to the motor it's self things will work correctly.

SC28 (30A),SC24 (20A), and SC38 (20A) are the fuses supplying power to the rear
doors.

On the window module there should be 4 wires coming in from the hinge
9 goes to ground
10 goes to the 30A fuse
11 goes to the 20A fuse
12 goes to the front door module (communication)

1, 3, 5, 6, 7, 15 all go over to the power lock assembly

2, 16, and 18 go to the power window switch in that door

If the switch on that door works normal but all the others (drivers door) is backwards you have some sort of communication issues along the way. Could just be the front passenger side door control module, Body module, Drivers door module, ect (ie pain in the ass)

GorData

Ready to race!
Its backwards from everywhere, I am going to get a replacement window Motor and see what happens.

wireb

I think that will do it for you. Just make sure to get both the motor and module if they come apart. Should be one connector on it with 13 wires coming out of it. If there is only 2 wires you got just the motor half.

GorData

Ready to race!
Thanks for the help wireb, I just ended up buying a complete window motor from a wrecked rabbit and window is back to normal. I guess motor was and regulator was jacked up from the factory.

wireb

yep stuff happens in manufacturing and is not always caught.

Just surprised the original owner never got it fixed under warranty.

jacobbenning

Car(s)
GOlf
I've got the same problem with the driverside rear window.

Push the switch down = window goes up, lift the switch up = window goes down! The one touch function of the switch is also not working. Annoying because when I put the windows down from the remote key fob that one window stays closed, when I close the others from the key fob that one windows goes down!

It started after it went into the dealer to get some minor damage fixed after some stupid woman drove into me.

The dealer is having problems trying to work out the cause and a fix for it, they've had it a week and I'm driving around in their loan car.... a VW Fox:thumbdown: