Return my Xbox 360?

Should I return my Xbox 360?

• Yes, return it.

Votes: 9 42.9%
  • No, keep it.

Votes: 9 42.9%
  • Yes, return it and wait for Revolution and PS3

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • No, keep it and wait for Revolution and PS3.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

KharatosGTI

Rally Car Newbie
So I bought an Xbox 360 last week and picked up PGR3, Oblivion and Kameo with it. Now after a week and the excitement's wearing off I'm starting to wonder if this was a pointless purchase. The main reason I bought it was because I have a 60" HDTV in the living room that I hardly do anything with, I started gaming originally on PC so I've always been more of a PC gamer and always kept my comp up to date (X2 4400+, 7800 GTX, 2GB of Corsair DDR 400 1-3-3-8 and WD Raptor and Dell 24" Widescreen LCD ATM). But I've picked up console gaming in recent years since, well they aren't too bad, so I thought since I spent so much money on this stupid TV I might as well get some entertainment out of it.

But the problem is that most games that are on the 360 are also either on the PC or will be coming to PC in the near future, I mean if this trend continues (which is likely) then it's kind of pointless when my PC has enough horsepower to handle all these games. I've had my PS2 since it first came out and never even thought about selling it because 90% of all PS2 games I've bought are exclusive titles, that makes owning the console meaningful because there's just no other way of getting that experience the games provide.

What do you guys think? On one hand I still think that my TV is just being wasted but on the other hand I don't really see myself buying all the games in 360 version over PC version.

:iono: :iono: :iono:

Bouston

FIA World Rally Car Champion
Car(s)
2006 Subaru STI
Given these reason stated above I would return it. That's $520 dollars that could have gone towards the GTI. Also have any of your games frozen while playing them? This seems to be common in alot of Xbox 360 games. The games are great and there's plenty of fun to be had on Xbox live as well. Do you have Xbox live by the way? That's one of the main reasons why I like my 360. But in the end if your not happy with your purchase...just return it.

ChalkyWhite

Drag Race Newbie
Don't forget that the 360 is a media-extender too. You could stream music and video from your stonking PC to the 360 and play it back on that awesome screen. I'm sooo jealous!

You'll need Windows XP Media Centre Edition to make this all work though I think.

Tricky decision though, I agree!

Bouston

FIA World Rally Car Champion
Car(s)
2006 Subaru STI
Scotaku I added you to my freinds list on Xbox live, but your never online......wut-up-wit-dat :biggrin:

davesee

FIA GT Champion
i use mine everyday as an extender from my media center pc in my bedroom.. kind nice to have all the features available in my living room with such a small device. I dont need to have a dvd player, vcr, dvr, cd changer - or even pc in my living room to get all the features that having all of those would provide.

Its really nice, IMO

bilbos

On the Kop
I am a PC gamer and an XBoxer. I have just bought a high spec PC to handle the more demanding recent releases, such as Age of Empires 3.
I only have the original XBox though (can't seem to find a 360 in the shops :mad: ) and I play it frequently.
They both serve different purposes. I mainly play RTS games, which do not make it to the XBox, which means that the PC is perfect for that. All the other games, I buy on XBox and I can play them on my large screen TV.
If you really want to get rid of your 360 though, I will happily take it off your hands :biggrin: