GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Retrofitting hatch opening button?

4Motioner

4Motion, baby!
Car(s)
2007 Golf V
My car didn't come with the hatch opening button on the driver's door and sometimes I find I miss it when I'm letting people off, etc. Does anyone know how I could go about retrofitting the button? I think I can find the part numbers, but anyone know how it's wired in?

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
Not sure how it is wired in for sure but it probably goes through the door control module in the door itself and would have to be programmed with the vagcom.

Eddie-NL

Passed Driver's Ed
Not available on a golf

easy to wire up, you need to find some sort of button

John/Cue\Publik

Speed>stance
Car(s)
2007 Rabbit
VagCom tweak will get it working on your key fob then add a $2 spring from autozone to one strut for the final push upward

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk 2

4Motioner

4Motion, baby!
Car(s)
2007 Golf V
I have the hatch pop mod done, but the problem is that the keyfob won't pop the trunk if the key is in the ignition.

I have VCDS and I'm familiar with wiring, so that's not a problem. Just need to know where the wires should go. I'd suspect to the door controller or directly to the CECM?

Eddie-NL

Passed Driver's Ed

4Motioner

4Motion, baby!
Car(s)
2007 Golf V
Thanks a bunch, Eddie! Do you know if I need to have a Highline door control module for this to work?

I already found the switch and cover from Ebay.de so I think I'll do this soon. Been thinking about retrofitting folding mirrors so perhaps I'll do both at the same time.