GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Retarded body shop painter

xeclipse631x

The old soul
Car(s)
Lawnmower
So I got a scuff on my bumper - the painted part, not the lower plastic. It was about a 4 x 2 inch area that I tried to fix myself. I ended up covering the scuff, but dulled the finish (below the clearcoat) because I wet sanded too much. Touch up pen wouldn't cover the area and would look like shit.

I took it to my local body shop, showed him the damage, and he tells me that he can definately fix it but I have to come back because "its raining and my paint won't dry in damp weather." Fine.

I go back two days later ... he's too busy. Come back again.

I go back AGAIN ... family emergency, gotta run. Come back again. :mad:

So I finally go back for the fourth time today. He keeps me waiting for a half hour, only to come back in and tell me: "I can't fix it because VW's have a three layer foundation and my paint won't match it right."

What kind of body shop is that? And is what he said about the paint layers true? :help:

NewaveRide

LOLOMGWTFEUROVERATED
Car(s)
07 VW Rabbit 2-door
x2, whether hes right or not, hes not a quality guy for putting you off so many times in an unprofessional way, only to find out he "cant" do it

xeclipse631x

The old soul
Car(s)
Lawnmower
Yeah I agree. I went to a local guy who has been working on VW's since the MK1 and he said all I really need is a 1200 grit sand and some heavy duty polishing compound and it'll look fine.

But still, to be put through all that shit ...

Chi_GTI_2009

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI
Brick him?