GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Resonator

b7a

Account closed
It'll make the car louder. It should cost around $50ish-$100ish depending on what kind of deal you can get.

Here are some shops from vortex FAQ section:

Flipside Customs
By Appointment Only
http://flipsidecustoms.com
EMAIL

Shoreline Muffler
14711 15th Ave NE
Seattle, WA 98155
(206) 365-7949

Auburn Muffler Brake & Radiator
1301 Auburn Way, Auburn WA 98002
(253) 939-1979
(*Emissions Certified)

Stans Headers and Mufflers
4715 Auburn Way N
Auburn, WA
(253) 854-5310
http://www.stans-headers.com/

VDubVirus

Euro-Elitist Moderator
Car(s)
2012 A3 S-Line 2.0T
$40 at any Mienke. don't pay anything more.

the only impact is a louder sound. well worth the dough.

lawn mower

Banned
i'm not a fan of the way it sounds with it removed. in fact it's the only stock piece of exhaust i have left on my car :lol:

VDubVirus

Euro-Elitist Moderator
Car(s)
2012 A3 S-Line 2.0T
that does't even make any sense. if you have replaced everything else... you would have replaced a stock resonator with a new one.

Bizzy

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 2Door Bmp GTI
i payed 50 and it was worth every penny if you go catless dp its a great combo

lawn mower

Banned
that does't even make any sense. if you have replaced everything else... you would have replaced a stock resonator with a new one.

no, i have a downpipe, and then the resonator, then a turn down. only part of the stock exhaust i have left is the resonator.

Brewski

Formerly Chris2021
Car(s)
07 GTI pkg1 DSG
I just did mine today in Chicago for 30 bucks and I love it. Don't pay more than 40 to get it done. I was in and out in literally 15 mins, so it shouldnt take long

meph

Ready to race!
Car(s)
09 UG GTI
Well i went to Stan, and i told him i want it removed and that i want flanges put in so i can put the resonator back there if i got tired of the sound.
The basically told me. 80 bucks for a pipe welded in place of the resonator or 250 bucks the way i wanted it.
Needless to say i didn't go for it.

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
Do it. Any muffler shop for under $100. You will not want to put the resonator back in.

Last edited:

HPFPUPGRADE

Banned
Give us a call guys, we can do this pretty easy and will replace it with a piece of stainless steel, not mild steel or aluminumized steel. This way you don't have to worry about it rusting out over time.

Cost... should be around $80 to get this done. 253-887-8305

Thanks.

HPFPUPGRADE

Banned
Well i went to Stan, and i told him i want it removed and that i want flanges put in so i can put the resonator back there if i got tired of the sound.
The basically told me. 80 bucks for a pipe welded in place of the resonator or 250 bucks the way i wanted it.
Needless to say i didn't go for it.

The two flanges are going to cost if they are not common items. We could cut the flanges out and use v-bands, but at $70 a pop for the v-bands it would be around $240 to make the system "swappable". We can do it, just give us a call.