GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Resonator Delete Facts & FAQ

xeclipse631x

The old soul
Car(s)
Lawnmower
So are there no negatives a effects to a resonator delete, it just filters out sound? I don't want to violate emissions laws in California.

The only way you will fail emissions is if you remove the catalytic converter. Which is completely separate from the resonator. :thumbsup:

xeclipse631x

The old soul
Car(s)
Lawnmower
Can i get this done pretty much anywhere? I like the way it sounds and its not too loud.

For a good, trustworthy job go to your local Midas or Meineke. Make sure you ask around about prices though. Its a somewhat subjective job so different mechanics will give you different prices.

mgalanif

Ready to race!
Car(s)
08 GTI
so to get this done I dont need to buy anything beforehand, just show up and be like "yo, how much to take my resonator off?" and they know what you mean?

VDubVirus

Euro-Elitist Moderator
Car(s)
2012 A3 S-Line 2.0T
yup. tell them you want to remove the resonator and replace it with some straight pipe. it's cake.

VDubVirus

Euro-Elitist Moderator
Car(s)
2012 A3 S-Line 2.0T
the resonator DOESN'T EFFECT EMISSIONS IN ANY WAY!

it ONLY effects sound.

Electricalbox

OMG CAT FTW!
For a good, trustworthy job go to your local Midas or Meineke. Make

WHOA!

Places like this normally suck and have horrible welders...check around your area for a good exhaust shop. After having failures with multiple places I found a guy who runs his own shop and has been the 45 years. Guy is amazing with exhaust work...its awesome to see a 70 year old man lifting an exhuast by himself.

TwentyonePSI

Crody
Car(s)
FSI
For a good, trustworthy job go to your local Midas or Meineke. Make sure you ask around about prices though. Its a somewhat subjective job so different mechanics will give you different prices.

Yeah, those are last places you want to go to do this. Find a local place that takes pride in their work and will appreciate the business. Locals will almost always be cheeper, too.

xeclipse631x

The old soul
Car(s)
Lawnmower
WHOA!

Places like this normally suck and have horrible welders...check around your area for a good exhaust shop. After having failures with multiple places I found a guy who runs his own shop and has been the 45 years. Guy is amazing with exhaust work...its awesome to see a 70 year old man lifting an exhuast by himself.

The one I went to started the car and then lifted it back up and let it run to make sure there were no leaks in his welds. So make sure they do that.

VDubVirus

Euro-Elitist Moderator
Car(s)
2012 A3 S-Line 2.0T
let's keep this friendly. this thread has good info, hence I sticky'd it, and I don't want to see it turned into useless bashing.

TRIX ARE 4 KIDS

Ready to race!
Car(s)
07' RABBIT
well just got my car resonator done its not much of a diffrence of course i have a non turbo car so yea guys if u have a 2.5 vw and you delete the resonator is not gonna sound like the videos on youtube you must have a 2.0 vw or just add a exhaust to it but other that is not worth it.:thumbdown::thumbdown:

xeclipse631x

The old soul
Car(s)
Lawnmower
well just got my car resonator done its not much of a diffrence of course i have a non turbo car so yea guys if u have a 2.5 vw and you delete the resonator is not gonna sound like the videos on youtube you must have a 2.0 vw or just add a exhaust to it but other that is not worth it.:thumbdown::thumbdown:

Sorry bud :frown: