GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Resonator Delete Facts & FAQ

4banger

Car(s)
07 GTI Fahrenheit
This is what everyone is telling me to do so I think this might be in my near future. Thanks guys for the extra advice.

mtlove91

Ready to race!
Car(s)
09 UG GTI
Keep your resonator if you ever plan on going stage 2 because some people think it's too noisy especially if catless.

Sent from my GTI/S3

Word

markcaughey

Ready to race!
Just done rear muffler delete. Very happy with the result. Does drone a little at low rpm but not much sounds totally stock wen cruising

3AFL

I just don't know
i am sort of confused on this topic. my last vehicle, was an '86 GMC jimmy. and all i did was put on some headers, and then straight pipes all the way back. no concern with a computer or anything. now, i bought a header, and a cat back exhaust, and i'm not sure if i need a test pipe or not. :help:

Corey U.

Ready to race!
Car(s)
VW for life
Planning on doing a resonator and suitcase delete on mine pretty soon based on the videos I've watched that have them, what is the average cost of this so I know I'm getting a pretty fair deal?

mushages

Ready to race!
Car(s)
07 GTi DSG
Planning on doing a resonator and suitcase delete on mine pretty soon based on the videos I've watched that have them, what is the average cost of this so I know I'm getting a pretty fair deal?

This will be too loud and will drone so ugly too I recommend you suite case delete as I tried both of suite case and resonator delete on ATP 3" inch catless downpipe

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Corey U.

Ready to race!
Car(s)
VW for life
This will be too loud and will drone so ugly too I recommend you suite case delete as I tried both of suite case and resonator delete on ATP 3" inch catless downpipe

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

not really in the budget for a downpipe just tired of the stock exhaust until i get an AWE catback:biggrin:

A resonator delete seems too quiet, what about just running a performance resonator and suitcase delete?

michail77

Go Kart Champion
I inherited this mod from my car's previous owner.

Unfortunately I must be one of those people that don't like it. I rather hate the headache inducing drone and gurgles. It sound the opposite of what would be considered "refined".

Qwoz

Roflcopter pilot
Car(s)
08 GTI
Best cheap exhaust setup in my opinion is catless 3" DP with stock catback. Nice and quiet until you step on it and then its got a nice deep throaty tone. I was thinking about getting a res-delete, but combined with the DP its just too loud. I don't want to get looks when i'm just cruising around at 25 mph haha.

Maximum6

FASTER
from my opinion, after watching a lot of the youtube videos.

A nameless catless downpipe + stock catback (with resonator delete),

Sounds pretty much the same as all the Milltek setups I've heard as well as many other exhaust setup.