GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Representing Michigan!

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
Also, I already have a timing kit from ECS, but they won't use it since they warranty their work for 2 years/24,000 miles. I may need to sell the kit if I take my car to some place that can't use it. Anyone want the kit, let me know.

And I know it would be infinitely cheaper to do it myself, but I don't have the know-how or time, and I wouldn't really trust myself to do it right. I can do a lot of other stuff, but timing? No thanks. :-/

Might wanna hit up WhtDvl (Joe) on here.

He's local & he did it himself. So he knows how to do it and might be able to give you a hand :thumbsup:

intercool

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2008 GTI
I've contacted three shops in the area now (Steve's European in Waterford, Advanced Auto Sports in Farmington Hills, and D&J Auto in Farmington Hills). Advanced wants $623 + tax + shop supplies to use my kit. They want another $400 in parts for them to warranty the work, so they would be more than Steve's after tax/shop supplies.

D&J Auto will do it for $360 labor, using my parts. Not sure on warranty. I'm heading over to the shop to check it out since my coworker (BMW fanatic) has to pick up a part of his over there. D&J may be the choice.

And snobrdrdan, thanks for the tip, but I don't have a garage to work in yet. That's coming this spring/summer.

Voyles2

Twisty champ
Car(s)
R
I've contacted three shops in the area now (Steve's European in Waterford, Advanced Auto Sports in Farmington Hills, and D&J Auto in Farmington Hills). Advanced wants $623 + tax + shop supplies to use my kit. They want another $400 in parts for them to warranty the work, so they would be more than Steve's after tax/shop supplies.

D&J Auto will do it for $360 labor, using my parts. Not sure on warranty. I'm heading over to the shop to check it out since my coworker (BMW fanatic) has to pick up a part of his over there. D&J may be the choice.

And snobrdrdan, thanks for the tip, but I don't have a garage to work in yet. That's coming this spring/summer.

Last year or so Brandon and I did his GTI timing belt. It wasn't to bad. We learned a lesson or two from it.

ehancock

Ready to race!
Oh, I've seen you out at Woodward when your wheels were silver. Looks good

McFlurrey06

Passed Driver's Ed
New guy here from Royal Oak. No pictures yet, but stage 2 GLI, BMP, with a roof rack. Stock exterior, not low.

intercool

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Anybody here know of any shops in the area that have Snell Automotive rated helmets for sale? There is a free racing event Friday, May 10 (that I found out about yesterday) at Waterford Hills Raceway put on by Platinum Motor Cars in Troy that I have RSVP'ed to. I can make do with a Snell Motorcycle rated helmet, but I'm looking for SA2005/2010. I am sure someone on this thread has AutoX'ed before.

HELP!!!

McFlurrey06

Passed Driver's Ed
Anybody here know of any shops in the area that have Snell Automotive rated helmets for sale? There is a free racing event Friday, May 10 (that I found out about yesterday) at Waterford Hills Raceway put on by Platinum Motor Cars in Troy that I have RSVP'ed to. I can make do with a Snell Motorcycle rated helmet, but I'm looking for SA2005/2010. I am sure someone on this thread has AutoX'ed before.

HELP!!!

http://www.bellracing.com/dealers?c...stance]=50&distance[search_units]=mile&=Apply

Start there

darcness

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 GTI CW

HELP!!!

Damnit, I want in. I've run at Waterford Hills before and it was a blast. How do I get information about this?!?