GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Representing Michigan!

GTI44

Brick Shithouse!!
Car(s)
MkV GTI
How is everyone doing lately? have not seen much on the old MICHIGAN spot.

walangij

D1 2010!
I just recently sprained my foot this sunday, which means that I won't be able to use the clutch hence drive the GTI for a few weeks. On top of that I'm broke because I can't work for a few weeks either. I'm hoping to purchase some H&R sports sometime soon though. My brother is now thinking of getting a white GTI, but he's also considering the Mazda 3Speed. We'll see what happens.

GTI44

Brick Shithouse!!
Car(s)
MkV GTI
glad to hear you guys are doing good (exect for the foot). gtboost I would love to see some pics of the new wheels. I just ordered RS4 19'' wheel for the GTI and am still waiting for the EVOMS!!! have you seen the new exhausts.... too many options, what to do?

Last edited:

gtboost

Drag Racing Champion
GTI44 said:
gtboost I would love to see some pics of the new wheels. I just ordered RS3 19'' wheel for the GTI and am still waiting for the EVOMS!!! have you seen the new exhausts.... too many options, what to do?

i would love to get pictures up of the new wheels, but my friend is out of the country with my digital camera so i have to wait until he gets back.
i picked up some Hartmann Mesh 305's (A6 avant) wheels.
those rs3 wheels are going to look awesome, i pretty much love every "R" wheel thats out there.
let me know how you like the evoms when you get it, i am torn b/w the evoms and the neuspeed intake, im leaning heavily toward the neuspeed due to the negative comments ive seen on the evoms.

and yes the exhaust options are getting very big now, of what it out right now im considering the Techtonics, Miltek, and AWE. i like the techtonics due to the price but when i go bigger turbo i will need more than 2.5" exhaust.

Where did you get your APR flash done at? SEA?
how much did they charge you?

walangij

D1 2010!
Your guys' cars sound so awesome. Those rims are making me so jealous, but i'll have to wait because of the lack of money. I am planning on getting 18" BBS CH's. Does anyone around here have a Vag-Com?

manyhorses

Passed Driver's Ed
VAG-COM

I have a VAG-COM HEX-CAN USB. What coding are you interested in doing? ...DRL swap to fogs or off, windows with remote, rear fogs etc.. I live in GR so if you want to make the trip, I'll help you.

walangij

D1 2010!
I was mainly looking to do windows with remote and possibly the DRL swap to fogs or off. I'd be willing to drive, I live in Watervliet, about 60-70 minutes away. My foot is still sprained so I'm unable to use the clutch yet, hopefully I'll be able to drive soon.

GTI44

Brick Shithouse!!
Car(s)
MkV GTI
manyhorses > I'm also interested in the VAG-COM. Mainly for the window by remote.

gtboost > I got the APR tune done in GR at community auto, their site is on the goapr.com website. The shop is pretty good, I would go back.

manyhorses

Passed Driver's Ed
VAG-COM

walangij> Get well soon. PM me when you are ready.

GTI44> I am often in Big Rapids if that is closer to you. Let me know.

I plan to install euro springs this week if I can tolerate the heat.:evil:

I'll post pics when I'm finished.

GTI44

Brick Shithouse!!
Car(s)
MkV GTI
manyhorses > when ever you go to Big Rapids next give me a IM and we'll get together. What all does it take to use the VAG-COM? I don't know much about that thing.

manyhorses

Passed Driver's Ed
GTI44> I'll be in Big Rapids Wednesday, 8/2/06. I'll give you a PM then.

The VAG-COM is somewhat easy to use IMO. I'll try to explain things as we go if you are interested. The VAG-COM is a USB cable with a 16 pin OBD II connector that attaches to your car. The other part is the software user interface that recognizes this "dongle" and allows you to communicate with the various computers on your vehicle in the language they speak. This means you can view data and make changes.

Best regards,

Russ

EOD_ron

Wanting to drive again
Car(s)
'07 BMP GTI
I am stationed at Selfridge. Although i am currently deployed, i will be returning in Nov. to buy my GTI. I will be selling my MKII or parting out if anyone is interested.

bamafanjtm

Battle Royale Champ
EOD_ron said:
I am stationed at Selfridge. Although i am currently deployed, i will be returning in Nov. to buy my GTI. I will be selling my MKII or parting out if anyone is interested.
What's up, ron! I'm also at selfridge. I'm with the 927th ARW. Hope you make it home safe and sound. You will love your new GTI when you get. I was talkink to the one star a couple of weeks ago, trying to talk him into getting one. He has a 99 vr6 that is pretty nice. Let me know when you get back and we'll talk VeeDubs!

EOD_ron

Wanting to drive again
Car(s)
'07 BMP GTI
bamafanjtm said:
What's up, ron! I'm also at selfridge. I'm with the 927th ARW. Hope you make it home safe and sound. You will love your new GTI when you get. I was talkink to the one star a couple of weeks ago, trying to talk him into getting one. He has a 99 vr6 that is pretty nice. Let me know when you get back and we'll talk VeeDubs!
Thanks man, i appreciate it. We should be getting back sometime in Nov. If you could drive to the EOD shop ( it's all the way on the other side of the airfield) i left my MKII sitting in the parking lot. Ineed to know how she is doing. It's almost been a year, so i know cosmetically she's probably looking rough. Have they built the damn chow hall yet? well take it easy man, i'll be linking up with you soon.