GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Representing Michigan!

GTI44

Brick Shithouse!!
Car(s)
MkV GTI
Alright all you michigan VWers i just e-mailed the APR dealer and asked about everything APR/GTI related and when i get the info back i'll relate it to you guys. The dealer is in Grand Rapids so there pretty central to all of us.

WindWalker

Older Than Dirt
Car(s)
2008 R32
Anxious to here how the APR chip upgrade goes and what you think of the GR dealer. Let us know.

GTI44

Brick Shithouse!!
Car(s)
MkV GTI
Ok you Michigan GTI's, the UPS man dropped off a few goodies today before work. A catless downpipe, Forge diverter, and k&n flat panel filter (still waiting on evoms CAI).

Brought the GTI to my trusty muffler shop to have the DP put on and the First muffler ( resonator) cut off. When i picked it up the first thought i had was that i was glad to save 750$ by not buying a TBE. The stock exhaust minus the resonator flows very well. Not loud at idle ( little louder than stock ) once boost hits the thing growls! It sound badass! Nice spooling sound through exhaust almost like the DP is echoing turbo spool.

I have yet to put on the Forge i'll do it tonight after work, damn 2nd shift. I will tell you guys about it tomorrow.

As for the APR 93 oct ECU upgrade. either Thurs. or Fri. i'll be going to GR so be ready for the report.

--GTI44

GTI44

Brick Shithouse!!
Car(s)
MkV GTI
OK, i have the APR upgrade!!! and let me tell you it transformed the GTI. the GTI pulls soooo hard! It feels like i'm strapped to a missle. I loved the car before and now I feel like i have to drive it all the time, i mean i never want to get out. Best mod i've ever had on any car, hands down. If your thinking about getting chipped DO IT, its worth ever penny.

the APR dealer in Grand Rapids if very good, great service and the APR tech there is probaly the most performance minded tech i've ever talked to. I would and will go back there again for future mods!

Overall, great shop with kick ass service...and APR speaks for itself.

GTI44

Brick Shithouse!!
Car(s)
MkV GTI
Oh ya i got the 91,93,and stock programs. i am driving around with the 93 oct program now, this car is faster than my wifes toureg now!!! She has the TDI.

GTI44

Brick Shithouse!!
Car(s)
MkV GTI
Yes thats what i paid, i guess the 6 hour trial isn't ready yet so i bought the actual stage 1. I guess they messed up my bill and what they have been telling me about the price this whole time, because they called and said they billed me wrong. I guess i lucked out and under paid. Their price is the same as whats on the APR website. so it looks like i paid around $100 less. But even if i would have paid the full price it would still have been worth it!!! the chip is awesome!!

gtboost

Drag Racing Champion
hey everyone, ive been trolling this site for the past few days and i decided to join.
last week i purchased my gti. its a tornado red dsg pkg1.

i sold my 01 gti vr6turbo to get this car. the mk5 is a bit slower but i love my new gti better. ive already put on 700 miles in a week.

On a side note, if any of you guys are near ann arbor michigan myself and a bunch of my car friends meet up in ann arbor off state street and I94 every sat @ 8pm. everyone is welcome and i would like to meet with some fellow vw owners.

davesee

FIA GT Champion
GTI44 said:
Yes thats what i paid, i guess the 6 hour trial isn't ready yet so i bought the actual stage 1. I guess they messed up my bill and what they have been telling me about the price this whole time, because they called and said they billed me wrong. I guess i lucked out and under paid. Their price is the same as whats on the APR website. so it looks like i paid around $100 less. But even if i would have paid the full price it would still have been worth it!!! the chip is awesome!!

thats a good deal!

davesee

FIA GT Champion
gtboost said:
hey everyone, ive been trolling this site for the past few days and i decided to join.
last week i purchased my gti. its a tornado red dsg pkg1.

i sold my 01 gti vr6turbo to get this car. the mk5 is a bit slower but i love my new gti better. ive already put on 700 miles in a week.

On a side note, if any of you guys are near ann arbor michigan myself and a bunch of my car friends meet up in ann arbor off state street and I94 every sat @ 8pm. everyone is welcome and i would like to meet with some fellow vw owners.

welcome gtboost! good to see more MI people. Congrats on the mkv :headbang: i love the dsg :biggrin:

i may make it out that way some time.

walangij

D1 2010!
Hey I just purchased my GTI today! I got a 6spd BM pkg 1. I

'm wanting to get window tinting and have a place lined up, but in MI it's illegal for the front side windows 4 inches down from the top. I want a full tint and am wondering if any of you have it and have had any problems or your friends w/ tinted windows? My friend has a 911 turbo with BLACK privacy window tints and hasn't had any problems yet but I'm afraid that I may be the unlucky one.

GTI44

Brick Shithouse!!
Car(s)
MkV GTI
I also have friends with limo tint and they don't really get messed with. But I guess; tint at own risk.

gtboost

Drag Racing Champion
a friend of mine gets pulled over 3 or 4 times a year for tint, but he also has his front window tinted. he pays his tint shop $50 to take it off and on every time he gets a ticket.

walangij

D1 2010!
I guess it is a risk. I'm thinking of tinting the back 20% or 30/35% and the front windows with a really light tint from 35%-50%. I hear that the police don't really mind about the front tint if its lighter. It's a risk though but it looks so nice, especially on a GTI.

I also found out that my friend and his 911 w/limo tint get away with it from the police because it came with the tint from out of state so they allow it or just don't want to bother him.