GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Replace drivers side Grab handle

wombat123

Hi There,
I pretty new to repairing and replacing parts on my car but can pretty much mend or repair anything if giving a few pointers so I'm wondering if someone can point me in the right direction of how to remove and replace the door grab handle for my 5dr MKV golf.
It's the one with electric window controls for all 4 windows.
The reason for doing this is purely cosmetic as my old one is scratched quite badly and I don't like it this way.
Any pointers will be much appreciated

Attachments

• da63_1.JPG
    da63_1.JPG
    7.3 KB · Views: 3,284

JetTurbo

geezer
Car(s)
2018 GTi Autobahn 6M
Hi There,
I pretty new to repairing and replacing parts on my car but can pretty much mend or repair anything if giving a few pointers so I'm wondering if someone can point me in the right direction of how to remove and replace the door grab handle for my 5dr MKV golf.
It's the one with electric window controls for all 4 windows.
The reason for doing this is purely cosmetic as my old one is scratched quite badly and I don't like it this way.
Any pointers will be much appreciated

There are no fasteners holding that part in place - it is all trim clips. Pry along the edges with a trim tool. Here are some pics to assist.

pic of the clips holding it in place

another angle of the locating pins and clips holding it in place

RoxanneIsMyFAST

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2007 GTI
I know this thread is hella old.... I love the search box!!! Gonna do this tomorrow if I can find a smaller flat head screw driver.

^^use a plastic trim tool or old credit card. metal on plastic would wreck it more than it already is. not to mention if its small enough to fit underneath, its small enough to punch a hole in it.

ericlikeseatin

Ronald McDonald
Car(s)
2006 VW GTI
Last edited:

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
Reviving is fun....:lol:
yes, correct color.