GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Removing tailgate lining

Schnitzel Baby

Bright shirt, dull mind
Car(s)
Golf MK5 GTi
I'm trying to remove the interior tailgate lining so I can get to the eff'n rattle that I've tracked down inside the left hand tail light. There are two screws which I've removed, but obviously some force now has to be used to remove the lining. Anyone ever done this and know how it's done?? :iono:

Cheers

Stevo69

Datto Racer
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTi
Just take it back to the dealer and get a new one under warranty. You wont fix it. It's a common fault, there will be a small piece of plastic "slag" rolling around in your tail light. Needs a new one. I had to get all four rears done before we found the right one. But you can get the tail lights off without removing the lining. I don't recomend this cos you can f#$@ it very easily!! then you are in the SHITE!

Cheers

AJW

Go Kart Newbie
You can get the inner lights out with a small open ended spanner.
There's two nuts holding it on.
No need to take the lining out.
Once you have the light out hot glue the tabs coming thru' the back like I did.

ApexTwin

expert knob twiddler
My tinter took the hatch lining off. Once you remove those two screws, it's just a matter of force to separate it from the clips holding it on. :thumbsup:

Schnitzel Baby

Bright shirt, dull mind
Car(s)
Golf MK5 GTi
Thanks for that guys.

I wouldn't say there are a lot of rattles in my car, but there are more than the past two cars I have owned. What does everyone else think?