GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
  • Has your username changed as part of the site merger and want it changed back? If the other version of your username isn't being used, send Gulfer a PM and we can probably fix it for you

Removing intake manifold without resealing injectors?

kgozi

Ready to race!
Is resealing injectors mandatory when removing the intake manifold? I will be doing a carbon cleaning & need the manifold out of the way to access oil filter housing.

I have seen in a video the blue rear seals must be replaced, but the front is not mandatory but recommended.

Looking for any sort of advice on this, this will be my first time DIY the manifold.

zrickety

The Fixer
Ride
09 GTI
I've done a couple manifolds and not replaced the seals. Haven't had injectors come out of the head though, I hear that matters. Use some silicone spray or a little oil on the o-rings before you put it back together.
My best advice is to watch the harnesses...one on the water pump tends to get snagged and can tear when you pull the manifold. I had to buy a pigtail on ebay.
And when you reassemble, there are a couple harnesses that are easy to forget. If you get a CEL, a quick search will show you what's unplugged.

kgozi

Ready to race!
I've pulled off the manifold with no issues, did my best to take my time and check over things. ALL injectors came out with it, I will be buying a seal kit for each injector ($20 CAD ea).

I'm really not keen on buying a tool to install the seals for $100+, if anyone has any tips to get this done please let me know! I've seen people on youtube use plastic tools to get it done (cheap-looking) but no info on it.

Last edited: