GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Regular soap wash, body panel vs whole car

GTICrazy90

Ready to race!
Hey im just wondering when you guys do a regular hand wash. When you soap your car, do you like do one area of the car at a time, then rinse. Or do you soap the whole car then rinse. Just curious what people do?

turboed

Low Blinker Fluid
Are you using two bucket wash method with grit guard? Do you have a foam gun? What sponge/soap are you using?

I normally mist car to loosen up dirt, then use sponge/soap and wash roof, then rinse, wash drivers sids windows, rinse, wash back window, rinse, wash side windows, rinse, wash front window, rinse, wash hood, rinse, wash drivers side in two steps (top half then bottom half), rinse, then do same on passenger side, rinse, then wash side skirts all around car, rinse then sheet whole car starting at top and dry with MF dragging towel as little as possible, more like blotting.

This is when I don't use the foam gun or do an ONR wash, only if the car is really dirty.

GTICrazy90

Ready to race!
Are you using two bucket wash method with grit guard? Do you have a foam gun? What sponge/soap are you using?

I normally mist car to loosen up dirt, then use sponge/soap and wash roof, then rinse, wash drivers sids windows, rinse, wash back window, rinse, wash side windows, rinse, wash front window, rinse, wash hood, rinse, wash drivers side in two steps (top half then bottom half), rinse, then do same on passenger side, rinse, then wash side skirts all around car, rinse then sheet whole car starting at top and dry with MF dragging towel as little as possible, more like blotting.

This is when I don't use the foam gun or do an ONR wash, only if the car is really dirty.

Do you do wheels after side skirts? What i normally do is by sides, I do the whole top including windows at once, then front, then right side, then left, then back, then wheels. After all that i rinse whole car then dry

nitroscope8

Ready to race!
One bucket. Rinse down car first.

Wash the roof, windshield, hood.
Rinse car and mit.

Wash Front fenders and bumper/headlights.
Rinse mit and car.

Wash Right side windows, door, quarter. Flip mit over and wash bottom but NOT skirt.
Rinse mit and car.

Wash tailgate and lower bumper.
Rinse mit and car.

Wash left side windows/mirror/doors. Flip mit over and do lower door.
Rinse mit and car.

Rinse car again.

use separate sponge and do wheels and rockers.
Rinse.

Dry car, dry door jams, dry under the hood.

agpatel

Touring Car Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI MkV
I normally use my foam gun and pre soak the car and while the foam is doing its magic i spray the wheels down with a wheel cleaner and wash everything off with a strong stream. Then start to clean the wheels and spray them off. Get the foam gun out again and cover it in a thicker layer of foam and start to wash the whole car with 2 bucket + grit guard. Once the whole car is cleaned i wash it off. Then once again cover the car with foam and take the nozzle off the hose and just rise off the car. The water will sheet off this way and there is less water to dry up.

I like to use Zymol sponge to clean as they are big and hold loads of water.