GOLFMKV

Recent Purchases Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

I Am The Stig

Hey Now!
Car(s)
'09 Black Magic GTI
Decided it was time for some new sticks. Went and got fitted for the first time ever. Ended up going with these...
mizuno-jpx800pro-irons-xl[1].jpg
Then started hitting drivers. I wasn't set on any one at first, but the R11 was by far the best feeling one of them all. Bought the 3 and 5 wood also.
taylormade_r11_review[1].jpg
Now for a new bag to put all this in. There is an Ogio I like, but want to see it in person before I order it.

I Am The Stig

Hey Now!
Car(s)
'09 Black Magic GTI
syncro_griddlered_11_600x.jpg
Said $210 on the Ogio web site. RockBottomGolf for $146 and a coupon for free shipping. I think I'm good now for a while....

HereToday

Banned

minus the stickers :wink:

dkwince

BIG WILLIE STYLE
Car(s)
Moon Rover
Decided it was time for some new sticks. Went and got fitted for the first time ever. Ended up going with these...
View attachment 75311
Then started hitting drivers. I wasn't set on any one at first, but the R11 was by far the best feeling one of them all. Bought the 3 and 5 wood also.
View attachment 75312
Now for a new bag to put all this in. There is an Ogio I like, but want to see it in person before I order it.

Good iron choice. I got fitted two years ago and I've had my MP-60s since then, and not going to change anytime soon. I want to hit the R11 just to see how I like it but I think I'm gonna stick with my Titleist 909.

I Am The Stig

Hey Now!
Car(s)
'09 Black Magic GTI
Boo. For 150 you could have had a nice Ping Hoofer. Those Mizuno irons are nice, though. I can't play a full forged blade for how often I get out now, but a forged cavity back like that would be sweet.

I have an Ogio travel bag that I love, so I figured I would stay with them. I was really impressed with the irons when I hit them. Mizuno really doesn't advertise it very much but they they have a pretty comprehensive fitting program. They even had a "shaft optimizer" club that took 3 or 4different readings per swing, then averaged 3 swings together to give you shaft options. I was thinking exactly like you were, blades are out, but these were a great middle of the road option.

Last edited:

I Am The Stig

Hey Now!
Car(s)
'09 Black Magic GTI
Nice... I can't decide between some Ping G10 or Nike Machspeed irons. Just started playing and I hear reviews that both are super forgiving.

I went in expecting to leave with a set of Ping G15's, but was open to their suggestions. Just hit everything you can, and then narrow it down from there based on whatever is the overriding factor.....for most of us it's prob price!

I Am The Stig

Hey Now!
Car(s)
'09 Black Magic GTI
Good iron choice. I got fitted two years ago and I've had my MP-60s since then, and not going to change anytime soon. I want to hit the R11 just to see how I like it but I think I'm gonna stick with my Titleist 909.

I told the guy I had no preference on drivers other that I like having my 3 and 5 woods match so they hit similar. I hit a couple Adams drivers first, and they just felt dead. Then I hit a couple Cleveland Launchers. They were better feeling and sounding. I hit several more, but didn't even really pay attention to what they were. I asked about the Taylormade Burner, and my guy said it wouldn't work because my swing speed being kinda high for that club, and that club being so light. He was right, I felt like I was wrapping it around my head on the follow thru. They do have a Burner TP that was much nicer than the reg Burner. It is noticibly heavier, and with a smaller head. But costs as much as the R11. Then I tried the R11....let's face it....the damn thing is cool. I also hit it the best of everything I tried. The key was the launch angle. My fitter wasn't too worried about the shot shape or length, just the angle I got the ball in the air with. He wanted me around 13 degrees, and the first 5 shots I hit with the R11 were 13.0-13.3 degrees. I guess there is a good reason it's so popular. He told me fitting a driver is all about the shaft. Once that is right, and you're hitting the ball on the right trajectory, everything else can be tweeked. It was a great experience, I even got some great tips from him. He asdjusted where I set up the ball with my driver by about 3 inches, and made my 10 yard fade a 3 yard draw!

Status
Not open for further replies.