GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recaros

johno

Volkswagen Autoliebhaber
Car(s)
R32
phark. that's a lot of mulla. just get recaro seats in your R32.

Pharkus

Ninja
phark. that's a lot of mulla. just get recaro seats in your R32.

I opted out of Recaros when buying new for a couple of reasons.

1) No side airbag
2) Tacky shiny black plastic on the back of the seats (why not carbon fibre like on the BRIDE seats?)

However, Recaro now make sport seats with side airbags. Only issue is that I would probably choose a darkish red leather and redo the upholstery in the back to match at the same time. Therefore, 2 x Recaros plus upholstery on the back would be about $9k all up? (Assuming $3.5k for each seat and $2k for the rear)

There is a guy in the US with the RS4 Recaro's in red but I would have probably chosen a darker red for the interior of my UG.

zz2

VAG expert
Car(s)
GTI V
if i was to blow huge amounts of money on a chair i would atleast get one that is comfortable as as being a design classic...

Pharkus

Ninja
Some of those options look promising but I'd probably find it hard to accomodate a desk to allow me to play WOW from the Egg chair.

zz2

VAG expert
Car(s)
GTI V
in all honesty Pharkus the best chair both ergonomically and comfort wise is the Herman Miller Aeron chair. its amazing comfortable and you can park your ass on one for days on end. theyre used extensively in the animation studios like Pixar for this very reason

they look awesome too!

the chair i use at home is a Wilkhahn Modus

i bought it for its simple German design. like the Aeron chair is amazingly comfortable and i can spend hours in it with no aches what so ever. same cant be said about my shitty work chair.
the plastic parts are apparently made in the same factory that Porsche use.

when you consider driving is totally different from sitting in front of a desk you have to realise that a car chair and office chair are different.
would you really want to spend hours sitting in a chair with high bolsters pushing your thighs together getting all sweaty with restricted lateral movement?

Pharkus

Ninja
Probs just me being silly in the silly season and looking for stuff to buy!

Edit: Just found a place and on whirlpool there was a group buy for $1,100. Sounds like it could be in the works

G-rig

Go Kart Champion
That recaro seat looks crap for the price.. I wouldn't get one for home but would get them in the car. Otherwise get some cheapies from Autobarn or something?

if i was to blow huge amounts of money on a chair i would
atleast get one that is comfortable as as being a design classic...

i bought it for its simple German design. like the Aeron chair is amazingly comfortable and i can spend hours in it with no aches what so ever. same cant be said about my shitty work chair.

Yes, those Herman Miller Aeron chairs are amazing. Wondered what all fuss was about until I sat in one, would be worth every cent!

I'm pretty pissed at the crap old chairs here at work and want to buy an Aeron chair and bring it in. Cant get comfortable as the back angle is all wrong and can't adjust it enough.

apmitchell74

Ready to race!
Car(s)
R36 Twin Turbo Golf
Mate forget it!! Ideal seat company are a joke of an importer, never have any stock
and take forever to send you your seats.. Look for a different seat and save yourself the headache..

zz2

VAG expert
Car(s)
GTI V
Yes, those Herman Miller Aeron chairs are amazing. Wondered what all fuss was about until I sat in one, would be worth every cent!

I'm pretty pissed at the crap old chairs here at work and want to buy an Aeron chair and bring it in. Cant get comfortable as the back angle is all wrong and can't adjust it enough.

http://www.livingedge.com.au/catalog/home.php

DOWIT :thumbup:

but a word of caution, when setting foot into that store there will be alot of other expensive designer furniture you will want/ have to buy :bellyroll:

Pharkus

Ninja
Mate forget it!! Ideal seat company are a joke of an importer, never have any stock
and take forever to send you your seats.. Look for a different seat and save yourself the headache..

Just stirring the pot there for you guys that seem to buy copious quantities of new wheels/tyres/twin turbos etc :thumbsup: Only time I'd buy new recaros is for the car if I had the money for a full install and reupholster (front and back seats) and to maintain side airbags for both front passengers.

I am looking at the Herman Miller chair though as a viable option for the home nerdery for extended bouts in front of the computer. Pity there only seems to be one place in Melbourne that stocks them (that I could find on the internets in the last 2 mins anyway).

G-rig

Go Kart Champion
This can turn into a full time job if you let it.

Civil Designer. Things aren't always flat out but need a break soon.