GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Rebuilding a Mk5 Door Lock Cylinder?!? Help!

PaultheRabbit

So, my girlfriend's Mk5 Rabbit door lock has broken and the cylinder just spins and spins. I bought the rebuild kit, removed the cylinder. But now can't figure out how to disassemble the lock assembly. It doesn't have the c-clip like the Mk4s. Any help? Please? No Youtube instructions that I've found. Can you rebuild these?

z3r0XG

Car(s)
2007 VW Jetta
Hi did you ever figure this out? I just bought an 07 Jetta and am having the same problem.

Gaveroid

I know I'm way too far in the future to help either of you (sorry) but for those in the future that may come across this... you cannot disassemble these like the Mk4 ones. I couldn't find a local locksmith who was even willing to try. Here's your temporary (read: permanent) fix.

Take a pocket knife or some sharp tool and some tinfoil. Shove the tinfoil into the outer casing of the lock cylinder, of course with the cylinder out of the car. It will hopefully give enough tension to where the worn regulator, which is what fails and stops it from spinning, will catch once again. It's a hack--but it worked for me. I got a remote programmed not long after, but for at least a couple months this worked like a charm and it didn't spin around in the cylinder even once.