GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Rear Breather Hose Diameter

rbradleymedmd

Go Kart Champion
Can anyone with an extra breather hose or valve cover inform me of the hose diameter needed to connect these two pieces together? Ever since my k04 install, this hose has been just a hair too short for my liking and I figured I would go ahead and grab a slightly longer replacment. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

IMG_0454.JPG

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
Personally, since you already have screw clamps on the hose, I would just remove the hose and measure the nipples it fits over. Measure at the smallest point. The outside diameter of the nipple is the inside diameter of the hose. If it's a specially formed hose, where one end is smaller than the other, then you could have a problem. You would need to either stretch a smaller diameter hose or clamp down on a larger diameter hose. Or buy a factory hose and an aftermarket hose of proper dimensions and connect them with a plastic hose coupler, if you can find one the right size.

ssunnylee24

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 CW DSG GTI
I replaced mine like 5 times cause it didn't fit to my liking.
Since I got the hose (left over) and the accordion metal hose, I'll check it out and let you know.

Tmsracing37

Boosty McFlamin Job
Car(s)
06 GTI
Mine is 1" I.D.

20GLI08

Put em on the glass
Car(s)
GLI
Eliminate it all together

Tmsracing37

Boosty McFlamin Job
Car(s)
06 GTI
A silicone coupler for Blow off valve install. Usually comes in 3-4" lengths and roughly a7.00 item.

rbradleymedmd

Go Kart Champion
Eliminate it all together

Would love to, but I run a recirculating catch can...thus, it must stay in play unless someone makes an adapter to run a hose back to the inlet port on the turbo intake housing.

fuel hose? that's what im using.

Yeah...tried a couple of local shops, but the only hose in that diameter was heater hose...probably would've worked, but went for a slightly more sturdy option.

A silicone coupler for Blow off valve install. Usually comes in 3-4" lengths and roughly a7.00 item.

Thanks...ordered one early this morning...around $10 shipped (no local shops carry anything like that around here).

Thanks for everyone's help...very much appreciated! :thumbsup:

20GLI08

Put em on the glass
Car(s)
GLI
Would love to, but I run a recirculating catch can...thus, it must stay in play unless someone makes an adapter to run a hose back to the inlet port on the turbo intake housing.

Run a hose from you catch can to the check valve.
Put a plug in the port on the left side of your block off plate and block off the port on the back of the valve cover where the check valve originally went

Essentially that would be doing the same thing because the big port on the back of the valve cover just goes straight thru to the port on the left side of the pcv. It doesnt flow any air anywhere else within the valve cover

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
The hose has two different diameters from end to end. Using single-ear pinch clamps requires two different sizes (diameter before pinched: 31.6mm and 34.6mm I believe)...although some techs say the larger 34.6mm clamp works for both ends.
rear vent tube hose.png

Last edited: