GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

re: city lights question

Jeff Spicoli

Female Organ Player
Car(s)
MKV .:R32
re: city lights question

Anyone know if this is possible on the mkv? I've looked around and haven't found any definitive pictures.

Looked at ECS' site for bulbs too. If anyone has good links and let me know what might need to be done that'd be appreciated (vag com?, wiring etc)

thanks

biggee72

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2009 GTI DSG
Probably would have to relocate city lights into the housing. Not a bad idea actually..it would be unique. Im interested in this now..

Jeff Spicoli

Female Organ Player
Car(s)
Do you want just the City Lights on or do you want your city lights to be where those are?

both, i thought the inner lights were the city lights, and with a bulb switch to orange, and the proper switch setting you'd be good and maybe some vag com'ing?

I'm obssessed with the orange cities ever since I saw a brown MK II at Waterfest 2005 at a stop light, and he had just the orange city lights lit up at dusk on a set of square headlights.

I've got the european CC switch with the chrome trim; I'm guessing it might be possible to do the inner lights along with the signal lights being on at the same time?

dustinwark

Miesian
Car(s)
'07 VW GTI
both, i thought the inner lights were the city lights, and with a bulb switch to orange, and the proper switch setting you'd be good and maybe some vag com'ing?

I'm obssessed with the orange cities ever since I saw a brown MK II at Waterfest 2005 at a stop light, and he had just the orange city lights lit up at dusk on a set of square headlights.

I've got the european CC switch with the chrome trim; I'm guessing it might be possible to do the inner lights along with the signal lights being on at the same time?

If you have an R32 you have the Bi-xenon, OEM projectors, which means your city lights reside next to the turn signals in the flat section on the bottom of the housing. Non-xenon equipped cars come with the city lights in the high beam reflector like your picture, you would either have to relocate the physical bulb and cut a small hole or down grade to reflector housings.

Jeff Spicoli

Female Organ Player
Car(s)
oh shit i never thought there was a difference in GTI and R32 headlights, i thought the real only upgrade was the washers in the bumper.

good info, i'll have to figure something out :-/

dustinwark

Miesian
Car(s)
'07 VW GTI
oh shit i never thought there was a difference in GTI and R32 headlights, i thought the real only upgrade was the washers in the bumper.

good info, i'll have to figure something out :-/

There isn't any difference between GTI and R32 headlights, that's not what I said. There is a difference between R32/GTI/GLI headlights and Rabbit/Jetta headlights, the Rabbit/Jetta headlights are the reflector housings with city lights like what you want.

Also FYI early GTIs came with washers as well so it isn't really an R32 thing.