GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Rainbow IQ 320.25 install, reviews, and pics

A41.8QTM

That's what she said
Car(s)
2008 GTI
I might have scored us some of these adapters...looks promising. Going to run about $50 US shipped from Canada if it happens. I'll let you know when I'm sure.

For everyone else that is planning to run some sort of component LOC this little adapter is a great clean install option. It basically plugs between the factory HU and stock wiring harness, sends the speaker-level outputs, remote, and +/- out and then returns the amplified signal from whatever amp you use. It's made specifically to plug-n-play with the Blaupunkt THA amps but you can simply cut the plug off the emp end and run the wires to whatever components you like. The +/- isn't sufficient to power most amps but it should be perfect for my LCi6 or a Cleansweep that doesn't require much current. That will let you avoid even monketing with the fuse panel. All you need aside from this adapter is + from your battery, a short ground for the amp. and a set of interconnects to patch the LOC and your amp. Absolutely no cutting or splicing into the factory wiring and everything is 100% reversible.

that totally sucks... i been looking for that for months too. its all i need to go ahead with some system plans.

Monkeykungfu

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 BMP GTI
I'm definately in if you can locate some. I tried looking earlier today & did not have any luck.

Will save me from butchering my baby. :thumbsup:

A41.8QTM

That's what she said
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Look what my buddy from Brown brought me today...

4X75W my ass. Looks like I got a keeper :thumbup:

Monkeykungfu

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 BMP GTI
Look what my buddy from Brown brought me today...

4X75W my ass. Looks like I got a keeper :thumbup:

Werd! Congradulations. That's some awesome power for such a little box. Can't wait to hear how it sounds.

That, the blankput connector you were talking about & the sound deadner are the finals thing I have to get for my system, I should have the extra cash for it in about a month or so.

I can't wait. :happyanim:

A41.8QTM

That's what she said
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Seriously...70% over rated power on the 4x and almost 40% over on the sub. I'm not even sure i want to bridge the main channels for the Rainbows with that spec. 250W+ to each side :eyebulge:

plac

GTI Master
Dood thats 14.4V... your car will NEVER see that.. ever wonder why their specs seem so high? at 13.8V max you will be a lot lower.

A41.8QTM

That's what she said
Car(s)
2008 GTI
What makes you say only 13.8? A LOT lower...like what, only 40% over rated?

plac

GTI Master
well maybe im exaggerating.. but probably not. go volt meter your car right now at idle and take a pic of the battery charging voltage.

maybe i didnt mean a lot lower.. but too much power wont hurt anything anyway. you should know that. for years i put 300Wrms x 2 thru a component set rated for 70Wrms a side.

Blitzen

Professional .....
Don is installing them today/tomorrow together with a Genesis Profile 5.
Maybe he can write some lines (as my ears are less trained than his).

Blitzen

Professional .....
I got the Genesis 5. They sound good, but I only used the car for some quick drives to the ferry so no extended listening sessions (and they need to break in anyway).
Better/more controlled bass, voices are clearer and the sound stage is better.

As said better ask Don as he listens to audio all the time

A41.8QTM

That's what she said
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Ran my power wire into the cabin this weekend. I had the battery out to run a line for my boost gauge and had the 4ga handy so I took care of it. Just waiting for my wiring adapter now. I'm out of town most of the week through next weekend so it'll be a couple weeks before I can do any more work.

plac

GTI Master
Ordered that Blau wiring harness yesterday. Anyone interested in picking one up should get in touch with lockdown191 on eBay. He may have more available.

http://stores.shop.ebay.com/Lockdown-Security-Canada__W0QQ_armrsZ1

not feeling that guy too much.. took him a week to respond to my email, and then he starts talking about the amp he's selling instead of the harness i specifically asked for. doesnt give me a lot of confidence. how smooth did it go for you? did you get your harness yet?