GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Raceland

Moosecakes

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Okay, jokes and OMG YOU BOUGHT CHEAP SUSPENSIONZ posts to a minimum. This is a serious review for the company and my impressions of the ultimo coilovers.

First off, I called tuesday afternoon and verified they were in stock, the person I spoke with was extremely friend, and helpful. He checked stock for me and ensured they had them. We setup my payment over the phone, I asked for an ETA on shipment he said first thing tomorrow *wednesday* morning they would be on there way to me and I should see them friday.

7:09am wednesday was the time stamp on my email I received saying thank you for your purchase with a second email same time with a direct link to UPS Quantumview with an update of my shipment. It was already on its way, not just a submission received notice.

5pm today *friday* I got them from UPS. The box was sealed on every edge with there tape. and each strut and coil was boxed individually and wrapped up in plastic/foam paper. My $1300 koni/gc/tophat suspension for my old car wasn't packaged this nicely. No wrapping, nothing at all, everything was in one large box with flimsy cardboard separating parts. :thumbsup: to raceland.

Pulled one front and one rear set out and there quality is great, the welds are as good as or cleaner that my koni yellow shocks in some areas. the coils are very nicely wound and the powder coating on the strut bodies is great. for $400 you seriously can't go wrong with these quality wise. I'm installed probably 20 different suspensions from $500 to $2500 coils and these are on par with the upper price tag ones. :thumbsup:

By the looks of them, they are gonna go LOW. I'll be installing them next week when my dad's lift is free and i'll have some pics and a ride review once they are on. But for now, raceland is one great company to deal with and I seriously think they have a great affordable product for those not wanting or needing adjustable dampening/rebound etc. I do wish the springs rates were a little stiffer, but if you want that, get different coils lol.

:cool:

Crispy21

Banned
Car(s)
2008 VW GTI
Fronts dont go that low or the advertised 4" drop. Not trying to rain in your parade but i agree racelands are pretty quality coils

cskm

Banned
Car(s)
GTI
i think the ultimos are a quality coil but the regular ones are not so much in terms of ride quality. build quality is amazing for the price however.

Moosecakes

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Fronts dont go that low or the advertised 4" drop. Not trying to rain in your parade but i agree racelands are pretty quality coils
I was looking at the coils themselves, and the last 2 loops are the same diameter and I think if they don't settle low enough I will pull them and cut one out to squeeze an extra half inch out, but I'm not looking to slam the car. I'm going more performance oriented with this build as far as ride height goes. But the rears are going in with no adjusters so if I can't get the front to match then the modding will begin. If it sits even, then im a happy camper.

i think the ultimos are a quality coil but the regular ones are not so much in terms of ride quality. build quality is amazing for the price however.

Absolutely! I read that the regular ones are shit, so I immediately stayed away, and for 30$ difference in price why would anyone get the regular ones? fuck $400 is cheap as hell for full coils lmao. I'm excited to get them in, im waiting for my catch can to show up and do everything at once. :thumbsup:

Raceland's employees are great, I wish every company was this professional and gave a shit about there customers. :word:

cskm

Banned
Car(s)
GTI
^ word, if every other company can only follow MJMautohaus's example in proper customer service techniques..... oh wait

Moosecakes

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2008 GTI
hahahaha I read that thread, fucking pathetic. I will never order from DBC again either they pissed me off with my first and last order...

CW08DSG

I don't care.
Car(s)
08 GTI 2dr DSG
^ word, if every other company can only follow MJMautohaus's example in proper customer service techniques..... oh wait

On topic, it's really good to hear a candid review about Raceland coils. I know they are knocked frequently, because most people automatically equate high dollar with quality, and these are certainly not high dollar. Not looking for coils myself, but I'm interested in hearing what you think of their ride quality and how they hold up over time. I'm glad you had a good experience with them.

In regards to MJM, I'm the OP of that thread. My sig. contains most of my mods. I'm proud to say not one single item there was purchased from MJM and it will always remain that way. They handled their inital response so poorly, I'll never, ever give them a second chance (and my money).

Moosecakes

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2008 GTI
On topic, it's really good to hear a candid review about Raceland coils. I know they are knocked frequently, because most people automatically equate high dollar with quality, and these are certainly not high dollar. Not looking for coils myself, but I'm interested in hearing what you think of their ride quality and how they hold up over time. I'm glad you had a good experience with them.

In regards to MJM, I'm the OP of that thread. My sig. contains most of my mods. I'm proud to say not one single item there was purchased from MJM and it will always remain that way. They handled their inital response so poorly, I'll never, ever give them a second chance (and my money).

Absolutely, like I said they will be going on later next week after my comp catch can shows up... it better ship monday or im going to fucking raise hell. I own a business, and from that standpoint raceland has impressed me extremely well. I'll have a quality/ride review once they get on. :thumbsup:

Crispy21

Banned
Car(s)
2008 VW GTI
*waits for mjm to come in and argue and defend themselves*

Lol what a joke of a company. Back to this topic, i ordered rokkor coils awhile ago and their customer service was bar none. Since raceland and rokkor is basically the same company they both are very good.

Moosecakes

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2008 GTI
:thumbsup: I cant wait to get them on. They are sitting in the box in my living room teasing me, and my car is outside saying lower me, lower me, fuck this wheel gap!

xXANCHORMONXx

Banned
Car(s)
2003 EVO GSR
Just wait till you feel the ride on these. Their so garbage. If you want to dump the shit of your car then it's fine but there is no performance at all. Almost felt like my Gti with hr springs and my blown shocks lol

Moosecakes

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Thanks for the heads up, I'm not expecting bypass valved 10k$ moton coil over ride quality. I know what i bought, I bought $400 coilovers. As for the grease, I most definitely will do that! I always hated trying to re-adjust my coils on previous cars lol.