GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

rabbit mods ?

joeyz

Just finished watching Fast&Fuzzynuts
Car(s)
05 Lotus Elise
bugjuice kirk180 is right. dont waste your money on some chips...if it's your daily drive like my son's 07 rabbit then you bought a rabbit because you chose to buy one..i chipped my audi tt and i got so many problems from it..went back to neuspeed several times and regreted it...
anyway seems like those rude GTI owners does not want to take on the elise!!!

kirk180

Go Kart Champion
Someone's already done this. Go to the GTI vs forums and you will find it not too far down the page. Also, I'd never discourage chipping a turbo car (I have one). I'm just saying that the gains don't seem worth it to me and the guy appears to already own a couple of other cars.

Acoustic81

In-Tune
bugjuice kirk180 is right. dont waste your money on some chips...if it's your daily drive like my son's 07 rabbit then you bought a rabbit because you chose to buy one..i chipped my audi tt and i got so many problems from it..went back to neuspeed several times and regreted it...

No one cares for your ignorant comments. Go stroke your ego on the elise forums or something

gti mkv

Ready to race!
yea or come get owned by one of our tuned GTI's

I am tuned...and I still look up to the Lotus. I also have my scca license. I also race...alot (on multiple tracks). I even had the honor to take the Lotus Exige track car out for a few laps. and trust me, GTI's are no match for the Lotus on track. To me that is where it counts. Acoustic 81...yeah...I have a really big ego, I know I do. you would too if you get to experience what i have in only 27 years. but to all...remember one thing. you may be fast, but there will always be someone faster.
to get back to topic... the Rabbit is a good car. its the GTI's little brothers and sisters. the first thing i would update would be suspension. (H&R sports) 1.5 inch drop and its not jaw chattering. intake wise...thats up to you.i like my Carbonio. I agree with kirk, don't chip it. just fine tune it for a nice daily driver.....personalize it your way in your taste. I personally would make it as comfortable as possible for long trips.

gti mkv

Ready to race!
i'll work on getting a list of parts pm'd to you

Slipstream

loweritonh&rsports.com
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Did I wander into the MKIV Vortex forum? The guy asked for some help on tuning the 2.5L, not why he should have bought a GTI. Given that he has a GLI already, I think he's aware of the advantages of the 2.0T.

As far as performance goodies, I know Techtonics has a kit out for the Rabbit, and Neuspeed is not far behind. I have my fingers crossed for a Milltek catback, though. I have seen a few intakes out, but I'm not sure if I'd buy one just yet. I'd prefer to keep the filter up off the pavement, as I'm not interested in hydrolocking the engine while still under warranty.

bugjuice67

rabbit mods?

Okay you guys. I work at a lotus/morgan dealership in Birmingham MI.
Yes the elise and exige will blow away almost anything. We just built a 300hp turbo elise. Too fun to drive.
Thanks for the tips and good reading. I will look at the neuspeed intake and exhaust mods. Looking at 18" wheels and springs allready.
Anyone going to Dubfest or H2O ? look for me at the VWoA trailer selling shirts and fasts.
yes i work for vw too
I do the museum resto's and some marketing as a subcontractor :headbang:

Thanks everyone
Bob

joeyz

Car(s)
05 Lotus Elise
hey acoustic81 shit, i am not bragging about my other cars..you guys as i mentioned before are the ignorant and rude ones.. a guy asked you nicely about mods on his rabbit and you tend to insult him buy mentioning your freaking GTI's ...big deal!! it's only a GTI 22,000 to 25,000 k car!!! cheap. a poormans toy! that's it, no thing else, POOR MAN'S TOY...deal with it , you guys cant's afford a more expensive sports car. wondering if you have even driven a high end sports car....lol

alf

Modwhoreator
Car(s)
2006 TR GTI
Thanks to the few who answered like adults.
Can only afford a rabbit cause I spent all my $ on my 06 GLI 2.0 turbo and my 12 second street driven 67 beetle.
I'll take on all you turkeys.
Really only want mods like intakes, chips and exhaust for the Bunny. dont want a screamer for my daily driver. Looks like the aftermarket is gearing up for what will become a tunable engine.
I'll search some more and leave you guys alone.

hehe turkeys.

joeyz

Car(s)
05 Lotus Elise
i appreciate your last comments GTI MKV, thank you..people like acoustic 81 is just something else, that's all. i never brag about my elise but it's just like someone buying a porsche boxer and asking for mods and someone will insult him and say get a 911 twin turbo...DAH!!!

Acoustic81

In-Tune
first of all, it's a boxster, not a boxer....

second, i never said anything against his rabbit...i was only pointing out the fact that there are already a few threads on here about 2.5 mods - hence your comment being ignorant.

third, if you're taking offense to the whole "retarded bunny" thing, it was just a goof on alf's comment about not having "bunny" in my sig.

so please take the twist out of your undies.....