GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

R32 SA Debut in Aug 06

Vlan_One

Ready to race!
Heard a bird wistle thru the grapevine. Seems the R32 is coming in Aug 2006.

imraan

Just finished watching Fast&Fuzzynuts
Imraan

Recently specd R32 (20\04\06) at VW Pinetown for delivery 2nd or 3rd week of Aug 2006.The dealer has no indicative pricing available except colours and optional extras.My spec is

Black Magic
DSG
Racing recaro seats
Sunroof
i Pod integration
Multi function steering wheel

The same dealer has received another allocation however some dealers in kzn haven't received an allocation, I placed a deposit in Nov 2005.

Vlan_One

Ready to race!
imraan

From what I have heard.

DSG will set u back R323500 and racing seats not available yet. Don't quote me tho.

Was tempted to cancel my GTi order, but waiting since Oct 2005, delivery mid Jun.

Good luck on your purchase. Sure she'll be a beast!

imraan

imraan

i have just been told the same price by my dealer , no price available yet on the seats though. Do you know if it will be available in 5 or 3 doors as my dealer cant tell me anything, Top Car says it is only coming in 3 doors.

Vlan_One

Ready to race!
As far as I know we will only get 5 door versions. The same will apply for the Polo GTi. VW have issued an internal brochure this April. I saw it by chance. Sometimes I don't trust these dealers one bit.

I have an issue with the MFSW. I want it, but they can't supply it on the Golf yet, but the Jetta has it. So how can they supply me with the Ipod prep, which the Jetta also has? The dealer says she thinks they do not have the facilities to fit it to the Golf yet! BS, but who am I to question, right!

Enough said. Hope I gave you sufficient info on the door option.

Cheers

imraan

Thanks, I have been told that the 5 door will only be available in SA
and according to my dealer you will be able to take MFSW on your GTI
(june del)

I have just taken delivery of a GTI DSG and I am very impressed, it is definately worth the wait although I only waited 6 weeks for this one.

All the reviews on the R32 in international magazines come to the same conclusion: GTI BETTER BUY.....as it is marginally slower.

I am probably gonna keep the GTI and sell the R32 as I feel the price is
a bit too high and the R32 wont hold its value as well as the GTI.

What do you think?

Rabbit222

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Audi S3
imraan said:
Thanks, I have been told that the 5 door will only be available in SA
and according to my dealer you will be able to take MFSW on your GTI
(june del)

I have just taken delivery of a GTI DSG and I am very impressed, it is definately worth the wait although I only waited 6 weeks for this one.

All the reviews on the R32 in international magazines come to the same conclusion: GTI BETTER BUY.....as it is marginally slower.

I am probably gonna keep the GTI and sell the R32 as I feel the price is
a bit too high and the R32 wont hold its value as well as the GTI.

What do you think?

IMHO, the GTI will be way more tunable than a R32. Granted the R sounds fantastic but the GTI should really clobber it up here in Gauteng. With abit of REVO magic and a Milltek exhaust system you should easily see the 190kw mark....

I have posted up some pdfs on the VW Club of SA site, feel free to download them...
http://www.vwclub.co.za/vwforum/viewtopic.php?t=20462

cmdrfire

FIA World Rally Car Champion
I agree with Rabbit, the R32 won't be as tunable (or as cheap to tune) as the GTI (2.0T 4-cyl being easier to remap than a 3.6 narrow V6). You'll also get more bang for your buck for the money as well.

That's not to say that the R32 isn't a good car, it's bloody fantastic, I had a go in one some time ago... goes like a rocket. IMO I prefer the GTI's character though (plus mine will outrun most R32s now as well... ;-) )

fusion01

Ready to race!
Car(s)
BMW 135i
Last I heard it's Jan 07 earliest and most likely March. Dealer told me pre-orders for all avail. stock already placed, so probably even longer on the wait... (accoridng to western cape barons tokai)

fusion01

Ready to race!
Car(s)
BMW 135i
'I am probably gonna keep the GTI and sell the R32 as I feel the price is
a bit too high and the R32 wont hold its value as well as the GTI.'

No way! The R32 is a collectors item and since it's so rare, will depreciate even less than a GTI.

kuben

Car(s)
Golf V Gti DSG
I give up.. Ordered and speced one ages ago.. Now even the dealer is clueless... Drove an Audi A3 3.2 with dsg and it seems abit slow compared to my GTI... Too refined and not enough oomph to compare with a Chipped GTI

cmdrfire

FIA World Rally Car Champion
I didn't like those Recaro seats (I assume that's what you're talking about). They're comfortable, but not suitable for a long journey. I prefer the standard seats to be honest.