GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

.:R32 or Edition 30

jamiew

Hi guys been looking arround for a while now, i currently own a 200bhp corsa c and its time for me to move on.

I am stuck between the r32 and the edition 30 (only reason iv chose is because the edition 30 is slightly faster than the gti)

This will be my daily car, roughly 50 miles per day just for work.
Iv heard that the edition 30 can be chipped easily to just shy of 300 bhp?
if i was to spend the same ammount tuning the ed30 on the r32 what would the gains be on the r32?

r32 and ed30 are same insurance

my budget is £15k max

my head is swaying towards the r32 but not really knowing much ammount the tuning capabilitys, and not knowing the fuel costs due to the v6

hope you can help me out, cheers guys

Last edited:

HeartMyVeedub

Ready to race!
I say Ed30. Better gas. More tuning potential for less. 100 less to insure. Get an r32 if you really need/ want the AWD oh and that engine note, it's entrancing.

Good luck

darkorb

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 Rabbit
drive both, they will drive differently

jamiew

sprry made a mistake, r32 and ed30 insurance are 2.4

so saying that would it be better getting a gti considering the insurance is 1.4?

K03

Ridiculous.
Car(s)
MK5 GTI
Test drive both, you can't really say over the internet which is better, its all opinion. But I can say that the R32's AWD so so much fucking fun, DSG is epic, perfect shifts everytime w/launch control. And then that exhaust note :boner:

philwest21

Banned
You can make more power with the ed.30 for cheaper. .:R you can tune/exhaust/bolt ons, but you don't see really huge increases without boosting it. It all depends on what you want. If you have the money to spend, get the R imo.

jamiew

right im thinking ed30 now, but due to he much cheaper insurance would it be better to get a standard gti and put the ed30 parts onto it?

Fernas

Mexibahn Native
Car(s)
MKV GLI "Red Baron"
Test drive the DSG, you would not regret it.

HeartMyVeedub

Ready to race!
Indeed it can! Several companies offer re flashes. But some say it's unnecessary. Look into HPA I believe and I think revo offers one too?

Goingnowherefast

Go Kart Champion
That guy

Uh Im gonna be that guy who agrues for the 6MT. Honestly test drive both, but personnally I find myself always having more fun in my FSI GTi with the manual then my dads same year Wolfsburg Jetta FSI (DSG).

Yes, the DSG is much quicker but honestly I buy my cars for personnal enjoyment and thats why I prefer the 6MT. Its got a decent stock clutch with good feel, perfect gear lengths, its a pleasure it drive.

In the end its also $2,000 cheaper than the DSG from the factory.

Test Drive both then see dont take other peoples opinion on this matter to seriously because chances are if you have DSG you will vote DSG, if you have manual you will vote manual