GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

R32 G2G, meet and drive to XXX, 14 AUG '10.

JimmyT

Redneck Engineer
Car(s)
2011 135i
Have been looking on the XXX web page to see what is available to drive out as a group and see there this summer. There is a VW meet in Oct, but it is all Muscle Cars and specialty cars until then. All of the big shows are planned on Sundays, so I wanted to catch the place when it wasn't as hectic, and had a collection of different cars, rather 150 examples of the same stuff. The date was set based on my Summer travel schedule, so there is a little bit of flexibility based on what the collective thinks. I'm going to XXX this week and talk to the owners to make sure it's cool that we show up with 10-20 cars on a Saturday.... and check out a few routes off google maps to see if they would be fun to drive!

I'm planning to meet at the Parking Garage at south center, but may move the link up to give easy access to I5/ 167 to get on the road. I will still look at Tukwilia as a meeting spot due to it's central location. I'll do more research this week and post results and plans later on.

I changed the date to the 14 due to family concerns and other events scheduled for the weekend. Please stay tuned for more info!!!
As always, anyone with an affection for VWs is welcome to show up and talk/take pictures/hang out. Please leave the reckless driving and juvenile behavior at home. As a group, we represent the VW drivers in the PNW, and want to set an example for others to follow. To all.... take care and stay safe!!!

Last edited:

PyroBob

I'm in.
Car(s)
.:R 32
I for sure can not that day...my mom is in Seattle that Weekend.

JimmyT

Redneck Engineer
Car(s)
2011 135i
we got some time to work it out...

JimmyT

Redneck Engineer
Car(s)
2011 135i
Didn't know there was another show planned for same weekend, may slip on week to the right for more attendance!!!

JimmyT

Redneck Engineer
Car(s)
2011 135i
Yes, I guess a guy has to dream....

JimmyT

Redneck Engineer
Car(s)
2011 135i
two route I was looking at was the most direct route: 405 north to I90, I 90 east to XXX, or I5 south to 18 and 18 out to I90 and I90 west to XXX root beer. Any comments???

JimmyT

Redneck Engineer
Car(s)
2011 135i
what was posted on the Tex and in PNW Farhen

Another MK V R32 G2G for August... with a short drive from South center Mall in Tukwilla to XXX Root beer in Issaquah via HWY 18!

Meet up at 3:30 PM on Saturday 14, August on the top floor of the Parking Garage at South Center Mall, the one nearest the Cheesecake Factory. Plan on leaving for Issaquah around 4-4:15. This could slip to the right with late arrivals (if you were at the last G2G, you would know). Arrive at XXX around 5 PM and enjoy! Make sure you have enough fuel to make it before you arrive.

I am expecting 10+ cars for this event, so staying together should not be a problem. If you have a Motorola type two way radio, bring it along so we can all save cell phone minutes.

Anyone with a R32 or VW, or love of VWs is welcome to come. Please leave the attitudes and reckless driving at home. We are out to have a good time and avoid undue attention from Law Enforcement. I want to set the example for conduct on this drive without the drama of high speed driving, zipping in and out of traffic, and other reckless behavior that gives the VW community a bad name. There will be a drivers brief prior to leaving where all the details of the drive will be discussed.

JimmyT

Redneck Engineer
Car(s)
2011 135i
My reckless driving tends to tear up my house if I leave it at home...can I just leave it in the boot instead?

or give it the boot!!!

JimmyT

Redneck Engineer
Car(s)
2011 135i
Just a little under two weeks to go. Mark your calendars and make plans to show up and have a great day looking at cars!!! Also, mark your calendars for the PNW R 32 super cruse, running along the coast on the 28th. Promises to be a great event, made better through more MK V content. Everybody stay safe, and see you there!!!:w00t:

9Schnell

Euro-Elitist
Car(s)
2010 CC Lux
I'm off this day but its my grandmothers memorial service.

Have a good time guys.