GOLFMKV

.:R owners??

Status
Not open for further replies.

itsYANO

08 GTI mkV Midnight Black
Car(s)
08 GTI mkV
soo i was just curious about this.. because i know people who own EVO8's and what not.. all your R drivers out there.. do you find that people are constantly taunting you and trying to race you when your out on the road? ever get annoying?

JimmyT

Redneck Engineer
Car(s)
2011 135i
Naa, I just ignore them, not worth the headace of the polo in Tacoma over street racing. On the track, it's a different story!

Eilig

I coulda had a V8
What the people taunting them don't know is that GTIs are faster :laugh:

Until the first corner...:cool:

From Automobile magazine...

http://www.automobilemag.com/features/0712_2007_volkswagen_mkv_gti_2008_r32_comparison/index.html

The biggest test came when we took both cars to Chrysler Proving Ground's tight road course. After driving the cars back to back (again with the same wheels and tires) I wrote in my logbook, "I bet my slowest lap in the R32 was still faster than my best lap in the GTI." And my seat-of-the-pants impression was correct.

Laps in the R32 were, on average, 1.3 seconds faster than the GTI, despite the GTI's significant acceleration advantage. While the R32's lateral grip was a contributor to the faster laptimes, its ability to put down power was no doubt the biggest help. The GTI scrambled out of turns, spinning its front tires - at times even in third gear. The R32 simply rocketed out of the corners with no drama.

Last edited:

sop1

Passed Driver's Ed
I just don't know what is more annoying, all the people trying to race me or the all the babes trying to get me to have sex with them because I own an R32. ????

itsYANO

Car(s)
08 GTI mkV
I just don't know what is more annoying, all the people trying to race me or the all the babes trying to get me to have sex with them because I own an R32. ????

dude be serious.. girls arent smart enough to know what an R32 is :fighting0030:

335 Trojan

Macro FTW.
Until the first corner...:cool:

From Automobile magazine...

http://www.automobilemag.com/features/0712_2007_volkswagen_mkv_gti_2008_r32_comparison/index.html

The biggest test came when we took both cars to Chrysler Proving Ground's tight road course. After driving the cars back to back (again with the same wheels and tires) I wrote in my logbook, "I bet my slowest lap in the R32 was still faster than my best lap in the GTI." And my seat-of-the-pants impression was correct.

Laps in the R32 were, on average, 1.3 seconds faster than the GTI, despite the GTI's significant acceleration advantage. While the R32's lateral grip was a contributor to the faster laptimes, its ability to put down power was no doubt the biggest help. The GTI scrambled out of turns, spinning its front tires - at times even in third gear. The R32 simply rocketed out of the corners with no drama.

That's great and all, but the OP seemed to be referring to open road races in a straight line. Hence, you lose. :biggrin:

:sm3: lol : )

:fighting0030:

itsYANO

Car(s)
08 GTI mkV
yeaa.. might be faster but the FWD is sooooo handcuffing.. next car is def going to be a RWD or AWD

Status
Not open for further replies.