GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Quick Dealership Question

dubluvvin

Betta.
Car(s)
Bicycle
Just got off the phone with the service consultant at Douglas. He wants to do an oil consumption test, because I was complaining about 1.5-2 quarts of consumption per 1000mi. However he told me that they have to do an oil change and that they will charge me $85 for it. I am under Certified Warranty.
Any input appreciated.:mad0259:

lightningjack

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
09 GTI
Our cars do burn oil with the turbo. 2 quarts per 1,000 miles seems a bit high though. Have you noticed any leaks? Since it's synthetic oil it's usually at least $60.

lightningjack

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
09 GTI
Do it. If you're fretting over the $85 bring your own oil/filter. If the test comes up positive (it has to exceed 1 qt per 1,000 miles) you can get a shitload of expensive work done for free.

X2. My experience with the guys at Douglas has only been positive so far.

McGregors

Puncture Your Life
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI 6speed
I had the same issue with mine two years ago mine was under warranty. I had to pay for the oil change then you bring it back to them to check it in 400 miles or something like that. luckily mine didnt make it 100 miles and mine was almost drained, under warranty they replace my pistons, rings, and cylinder head gasket in my engine and gave it back. After they fixed it everytime i started it soundled like metal grinding and idled very rough. Even after all that i still was going through a tremendous amount of oil i brought it back and they replaced my engine and turbo under warranty, two months after my new engine and turbo my warranty was up :lol::lol:

hopefully youll get the same, sorry i wasnt helpful but sounded like my issue thought i would share.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
OP, unless you have 4,000 miles on your oil, just top off the oil and tell them to document the level now, and when you bring it back in 500 or 1,000 miles.