GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Questions for some dog owners. **HELP**

definately adopt. only problem you may run into is that they may come out a check out your house. they have to find your yard and everything up to their standards.
i would stay aways from border collies, aussie shepards (great dogs)or anything that's very energentic becuase you have a small yard. Jack russell may be a good idea but they can get pretty active, but are definately in your weight range. don't get any type of hound if you don't want a dog that barks alot.
ever thought of a boston terrier or maybe a bulldog?? or just find a mutt that is the size you want and make sure the dog picks you. we had a mutt when i was little, she was the best dog ever.

Wild Hare

.: MR. BIG STUFF :.
Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)
Adopt = saving a life!

I've always have had big dogs, so I can't recommend a small pooch. All dogs are cool tho. Treat them right and they will love you for life!

johnny12345

Touring Car Champion
Every breed of dog can be aggressive, there all wild animals at one point in time, it alls about how you raise it/train it, and this can be a daunting task. Persistance and patience is key. With that being said, I have minitaure pinchers two females and there great dogs. Very agile and smart, there known as escape artists. These dogs can climb gates and fence, jump extremely high and are very athletic for thier size.(10-15 pounds) Downside to these dogs is that the smaller ones are pretty fragile and there all a little stubborn. As said above Jack Russells are great dog, very sturdy and well built, smart and athletic. There known to have a mean streak, but easily controlled, these dogs are wired all the time and need lots of exercise. They fall into the size catagorey you were after. For bigger dogs, you can't go wrong with a lab. Absolute wonderful dogs, very obedient, loyal and just have great character. Great dogs around kids.

Good luck

Schizoid

Ready to race!
Adopting is definitely the way to go. There are sooooo many wonderful pets out there without owners, it's truly epidemic. Plus, many people believe that mixed breed dogs frequently have fewer health problems than purebreds. Something about keeping the line closed and perpetuating problems. I don't know, I'm not a geneticist. Go to a shelter or a rescue and really spend some time with your favorite candidates. She what they're like for 30 minutes or so.

Boonedock82

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 MKV
I think that adopting a dog is great and good on the people that do it. But I couldn't imagine having a dog and missing out on the puppy stage. You can watch them learn pretty much every day and if you do your reading and learn how to train a dog you can pretty much have a perfect pooch, and 2nd with adoption you never know what bad habits the dog is going to come with, not saying you can get what ever it may be to stop its just frustrating at points. I have a Miniature Schauzer who is awesome, he is a breeding dog and there for can be a pain to keep in check since he still has his dingle berries, he is a rare one as he is not yappy at all, I don't know if its because I put alot of emphasis on being quiet when he was little or he is just like that, his mom is also very very quiet witch is very odd as they are normally a yappy dog. Either way you go expect some training to have to do more so with a puppy but well you get to see them grow up, but don't expect that an adopted or rescued dog are going to be all set, expecially a rescue as they are rescued for a reason, poor treatment, abandonment ect there is normally some kind of psychological problems most of witch are taken care of before they get to you but just keep it in mind. As long as you take care of and do enough reasearch prior to desciding on a dog, I garuntee that you will have a wonderfull experience pure bred, mut, rescue, adoption it will be one of the best things that you ever do!

R-Mac06

HO-Town Down!
Car(s)
06 UG GTI
thanks for all the advice guys/girls.... im defeniately adopting and im defeniately going to get a puppy (didnt want its past good or bad to be out of my control) like i said its my first pet so i want it to be mine from day one you know what i mean. im going to check out the jack russels thanks for the ideas. I'm also looking at a yorkie cause my girl friend really wants me to get one and i honestly dont mind getting a yorkie cause it's better for him/her when i move into an apt. GTIxpinay's puggle is sparking some interest to.

No need for the warning on the wiener dogs my girls nextdoor nieghbor has like 4 of them and the are crazy mean. but appreciate the advice.

Johnny- ive always wanted a lad my aunt had one and i know how great they are, personality wise its exactly what im looking for but for the size i think it would just be wrong to keep a lab in a TINY backyard/apt when i move out. But i have been trying to find a mut with some lab in it that way it wouldnt get to big. thanks for all the info though.

its good to know im on the right track with the basics, ill keep you guys posted on the search and if you have any other suggestions please feel free. thanks again!

Schizoid

Ready to race!
Ah, Boonedock82 is correct. You do miss out on the puppy stage and the ability to instill good habits early. Much easier to do it as a puppy than break habits later in life. But by the same token, if you don't spend the required time and energy training the puppy, then he/she can be even more of a handful when they get older.

kidkusu

My other ride is a UH-60
thanks for all the advice guys/girls.... im defeniately adopting and im defeniately going to get a puppy (didnt want its past good or bad to be out of my control) like i said its my first pet so i want it to be mine from day one you know what i mean. im going to check out the jack russels thanks for the ideas. I'm also looking at a yorkie cause my girl friend really wants me to get one and i honestly dont mind getting a yorkie cause it's better for him/her when i move into an apt. GTIxpinay's puggle is sparking some interest to.

No need for the warning on the wiener dogs my girls nextdoor nieghbor has like 4 of them and the are crazy mean. but appreciate the advice.

Johnny- ive always wanted a lad my aunt had one and i know how great they are, personality wise its exactly what im looking for but for the size i think it would just be wrong to keep a lab in a TINY backyard/apt when i move out. But i have been trying to find a mut with some lab in it that way it wouldnt get to big. thanks for all the info though.

its good to know im on the right track with the basics, ill keep you guys posted on the search and if you have any other suggestions please feel free. thanks again!

dude adopting is by far the most humane thing you can do. As far as what kind of dog, bro it does not really matter. The best advise I can give you is no matter what enroll in dog training at either Petsmart or find a local dog trainer. My wife is an independant dog trainer in Alabama and she even goes house to house for your training. She has worked wonders with many peoples dogs, and in reality she does not trian the dog a thing, she merely trains the owners how to recognize and treat their animals behavioral issues, which all animals have. Difinatley like i said small or large, puppy or adult dog enroll in some sort of trianing for your pet. Once you get one post some pics of he or she.
Good look and happy hunting.

Hurley6x

Ready to race!
heres my baby, hes a lab/boxer mix. He is super friendly but he is gonna get pretty big...thougt i would share anyways

miachris

Car(s)
GTI
I'm getting a puppy in a few weeks and its my first pet so i basically have a few questions...

let me first start by explaining my situation, im 21 i live in a 2 story house with practically no backyard cause i have a pretty big pool, so i was thinking more of a small dog max 30ish bounds (does that sound about right) im looking for a fun dog not a lazy one and not to aggresive with strangers.

what are your expieriences with particular breeds?

boy/girl?

where do you think i should go to get my puppy?

what do you think a good breed is for my particular situation?

any advice would be greatly appreciated cause i would like to get a puppy thats right for me as its my first. thanks in advance!
Your local animal shelter or rescue organization can help you find the right match for your family. There are also breed-specific rescue groups for every breed of dog, including "designer" or "hybrids" like labradoodles and puggles. The Shelter Pet Project can help you find a great dog or puppy in your area! A good place is better for pets grooming..!

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
Looks like it might be a bot account, or just some weirdo that likes to advertise that site.