GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Questions about fitment and tire sizes on 3SDM 0.05

ehancock

Ready to race!
So i got my wife some 3SDM 0.05 wheels for christmas. I know the wheels will fit nice at 18x8.5 ET42 and 18x9.5" ET40 as a few people have already ran these wheels on MKVs. Car will be lowered on some set of coils before we install the wheels.

Just looking for your thoughts on tire size. Since Alphards are the same size i've been checking out what people were running. To me the ideal sizes are:

215/40-18 on 18x8.5 for front
225/40-18 on 18x9.5 for rear

Will these fit while still being low?

Also there aren't an abundance of tires in 215/40-18 but i can get Hankook V12s, or Continental ExtremeContact DW in both of the sizes ive been looking for. Have any of you ran either of these with a little stretch? I know the Contis run a little "fat" but im hoping i can run those because i know some people who work for Conti and i might be able to get them for a bit cheaper. Also open to recommendations

NCedillos

Es Un Jefe
Car(s)
2008 GTi
This thread is for me (his wife) I was looking at getting H&R ultra lows for coilovers. Maybe tuck a tiny bit of tire. I'll take a look at the nittos. Thanks.

GTi R Enigma

Profitier...
Car(s)
CW 07 GTi 5dr HB
Im running nittos and they stretch justvfine, would be you best. Choice for tires.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

Falut

vtak yo
Somewhere near 23.5" FTG on alphards with max camber. 225/40 is fine if you don't plan on running spacers. If you do then 215/40 for the rear for sure.
I would recommend a 205/40 for the front or if you want a 215/35.

Also these tires stretch really well, are quiet, and are cheap. Not sure about track performance but I assume you don't care about that since you are getting wide wheels

http://www.onlinetires.com/products...215%2F40-18+achilles+atr+sport+89w+xl+bw.html

IMDABES by falut, on Flickr

tomshouse516

tomtomtomotomtomtomtomtom
Car(s)
09 GT1
Somewhere near 23.5" FTG on alphards with max camber. 225/40 is fine if you don't plan on running spacers. If you do then 215/40 for the rear for sure.
I would recommend a 205/40 for the front or if you want a 215/35.

I would only recommend 215/35 if he plans to be very low, below 23" FTG.

I would run 215/40-225/40 Nitto Neo Gens and camber the rears so that they do not hit the quarter panels if she uses the trunk.

Roll the front fenders and you will be able to lower it to a nice low but now un drivable low height.

I would also consider FK silverline +X coilovers over the H&R Ultra lows as they go as low, ride very well and the shocks last forever, I have 60k+ miles of bottomed out driving on mine and the shocks are still in decent shape.